fbpx

Foo Dogs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Foo Dogs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Jinya
    Participant

I think it would be more fun for painting if they were a little different. One more masculine and the other more feminine, but I know they aren’t TECHNICALLY supposed to be that way. I’m happy either way truthfully! I’m just SUPER happy Foo Dogs are in the making!!!

I agree with drag0n! Will there be male and female foo puppies too?

Kujacker
      Participant

If you want to get technical, the male has a ball under his foot, and the female has a cub under foot. That’s how you tell them apart. But it looks like these won’t be done in that fashion.
        Are they going to be pyo or production? I’d personally love pyo, since shishi dogs have been something I’d like to really fill a house with lol and I can’t afford production pieces anymore.

I love shishi/guardian lions. I have two my grandma got in Japan ooo, like in the 1930s. So it’s nice to see these guys.

Also “foo dog” is an incorrect term. I know, hate on me now.

Tara
        Participant

The Foodog shows up at around 02:07::25 on the April 16th video.

There is also a quick showing of the Foodog at 2:03

Pam

If you want to get technical, the male has a ball under his foot, and the female has a cub under foot.

And if you want the get really technical….
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-75-PAIR-CHINESE-GUARDIAN-LION-FOO-FU-DOG-SCULPTURE-CARVED-LAPIS-LAZULI-/180865585777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1c6dd271
            (pic #4)

Carolyn
            Participant

Here is a colorful one .

Misty
              Participant

If you want to get technical, the male has a ball under his foot, and the female has a cub under foot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-75-PAIR-CHINESE-GUARDIAN-LION-FOO-FU-DOG-SCULPTURE-CARVED-LAPIS-LAZULI-/180865585777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1c6dd271
                (pic #4)

ROFL Pam sometimes you kill me >.<

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

(pic #4)

OMG Pam! LOL! Only you! XD

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Kujacker
                  Participant

(pic #4)

omggg. Haha I had a pretty good chuckle with that!

Hehe the precise…..um……anatomically correct parts are to funny! Gotta say that one made me chuckle! These are great and would make for a challenging PYO.

Jasmine
                    Participant

Yes i agree too that the foo dog is awesome looking! (for those who haven’t seen it, click on the 2 hr mark on the GB unicorns april 16th video. You’ll see the new SK dragons and a few minutes in they show the foo dog).

Im curious, since it’s mouth is open, is there a globe that’s going to come with it or no?

No, foo-dogs don’t seem to ever hold globes in their mouths, though sometimes they chomp on keys or swords. This one has a place on the front of her collar for a piece of dangle jewelry.

In some Chinese legends, one would have it’s mouth open to “suck in” bad/negative energy, the other has it’s mouth closed to keep that energy from escaping.

Melody
                      Keymaster

I think it would be more fun for painting if they were a little different. One more masculine and the other more feminine, but I know they aren’t TECHNICALLY supposed to be that way. I’m happy either way truthfully! I’m just SUPER happy Foo Dogs are in the making!!!

I agree with drag0n! Will there be male and female foo puppies too?

Just one puppy so far.

Melody
                        Keymaster

If you want to get technical, the male has a ball under his foot, and the female has a cub under foot. That’s how you tell them apart. But it looks like these won’t be done in that fashion.
                          Are they going to be pyo or production? I’d personally love pyo, since shishi dogs have been something I’d like to really fill a house with lol and I can’t afford production pieces anymore.

I love shishi/guardian lions. I have two my grandma got in Japan ooo, like in the 1930s. So it’s nice to see these guys.

These will be pyo

KoishiiKitty
                          Participant

My sister and I were looking at these! I love foo dogs(shishi lions) but we decided they were most likely going to be production pieces.( fu’s and kirins right?) BUT since you say they will be pyo’s……. * large expanding grinch grin*

Misty
                            Participant

These will be pyo

You are my hero Melody! :love:

Melody
                              Keymaster

Yes I know “foo dog” is not really correct, but that name has stuck.
                                If you say “Guardian lion” or “Shishi” almost nobody knows what you mean, but if you say “foo dog”, everybody gets it.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.