fbpx

Foo Dogs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Foo Dogs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Photobucket

I know they won’t be available for quite a long while so I’m not going to badger you with questions BUT I just wanted to say

“YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME MELODY!!!

^_^ *hugs tight*

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Purplecat
      Participant

where’s a pic? I want to see too…but cant find where it’s posted.

Carolyn
        Participant

I can’t wait for the Pyo Foo Dogs . All 3 of them . Father , mother and baby .
          They will be amazing . The male one was on the last 16th GB Unicorn livestream . Pam showed it while Chessie was away . He looked amazing . You can still see it there .

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I didn’t know there was going ot be a family of them, I just saw the one, but man oh man! It was freaking amazing!!! SQUEAL! It was a heafty fella too, sort of looking like it was in between a Griffin and a Keeper I think. *so excited*

Got a busted Windstone?
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Tattoo Mother Kirin

SilverDragon
            Participant

Yes i agree too that the foo dog is awesome looking! (for those who haven’t seen it, click on the 2 hr mark on the GB unicorns april 16th video. You’ll see the new SK dragons and a few minutes in they show the foo dog).

Im curious, since it’s mouth is open, is there a globe that’s going to come with it or no?

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
              Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

fatalbeauty
              Participant

can’t wait to see these in the store…the one we saw looks awesome!

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Jinya
                Participant

Yay for foo puppies! I want a momma and like 3 pups! Going to be so cool!

Purplecat
                  Participant

Ooh, saw on the vid. Is it confirmed that there’s more than one, or is that just hopeful thinking?

Also, I’d love to see a photograph of it! The vid was sorta fuzzy on my comp, but that may have just been my replay. I wanna seee DETAILS.

Also, how far along is the sculpt? How much of the detailing is done?

etruscan
                    Participant

I thought we were seeing a casting of the foo dog. It looked plaster white on my screen, anyway. Therefore, I was thinking that they would be out soon.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

They mentioned the tail is missing so I think it still has some work to be done. I’m sure it won’t be very soon.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

briteblades
                        Participant

I am so excited! I have two shih tzus and these will be PERFECT painted in their likeness!!

Purplecat
                          Participant

@ etruscan

Due to Melody’s creation process…a white casting means very little about what stage the sculpture is in.

If I’m not mistaken, gypsum castings are made…carved upon or patched to build up or refine areas, then another casting is made so it can be further refined. This process continues until finally there is a version that is the final piece.

Then they make a resin prototype that’s sturdy enough for moldmaking purposes.

Personally….I dunno how she does it, I sculpted using this method for a couple years and it was MURDER on my hands. I wimped out and went back to clay. I prefer softer squishier workin material. 😛

Skylover
                            Participant

A BIG second on what Drag0n said! Whether it’s one foo dog or a family, I’m very excited either way. I collect foo dogs, so a Windstone one is just a dream come true.

siberakh1
                              Participant

Shishi! This makes me incredibly happy that you are doing shishi! (^_^)/

On the livestream, you mentioned a cub? Is that a separate piece or is that to go under the female’s front paw (the cub represents the cycle of life), as opposed to the ball (temari toy) for the male? Would these two come as a set?

Oh, you asked about the dewclaws on your DA. I’ve seen them with or without and age of the sculpture didn’t seem to be a factor (at least in the ones I’ve seen in my travels). I think it really came down to artistic interpretation and the medium being used (may not always have been able to add a dewclaw). A lot of ancient artistic interpretations aren’t the most anatomically accurate at all times, or some parts are and some parts aren’t. Depends on what you feel like doing! 😀 Also, the female doesn’t always have its mouth open. Depends on the culture they were in (Chinese, vs. Japanese, vs. Tibetan, etc.) as the significance varied slightly.

Riversgrace
                                Participant

omg!!! I want to see a picture!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.