fbpx

Foo Dogs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Foo Dogs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • Author

Now THAT is Exciting! A whole Foo Family! I will wait for those to arrive in the shop!

Carolyn
    Participant

omg!!! I want to see a picture!!!!!

No pics yet of any of them . The male is the only one done . A mold for the female needs to be made yet . The male looks amazing and the details are incredible .

Misty
      Participant

I cant wait! The one we saw on the feed looked so awesome >.<

Melody
        Keymaster

Photobucket

I know they won’t be available for quite a long while so I’m not going to badger you with questions BUT I just wanted to say

“YOU ARE FREAKING AWESOME MELODY!!!

^_^ *hugs tight*

I am glad you are happy! I didn’t know that foo-dogs were that popular, but now that I have started paying attention to them, they are becoming my favorite fantasy creature.They are really gonzo creatures!

Melody
          Keymaster

where’s a pic? I want to see too…but cant find where it’s posted.

It is on the livestream somewhere. I will show a photo when it is finished .. or maybe I can do a wip photo when it is farther along.

Melody
            Keymaster

@ etruscan

Due to Melody’s creation process…a white casting means very little about what stage the sculpture is in.

If I’m not mistaken, gypsum castings are made…carved upon or patched to build up or refine areas, then another casting is made so it can be further refined. This process continues until finally there is a version that is the final piece.

Then they make a resin prototype that’s sturdy enough for moldmaking purposes.

Personally….I dunno how she does it, I sculpted using this method for a couple years and it was MURDER on my hands. I wimped out and went back to clay. I prefer softer squishier workin material. ๐Ÿ˜›

Yeah, wears your hands out.

Melody
              Keymaster

Shishi! This makes me incredibly happy that you are doing shishi! (^_^)/

On the livestream, you mentioned a cub? Is that a separate piece or is that to go under the female’s front paw (the cub represents the cycle of life), as opposed to the ball (temari toy) for the male? Would these two come as a set?

Oh, you asked about the dewclaws on your DA. I’ve seen them with or without and age of the sculpture didn’t seem to be a factor (at least in the ones I’ve seen in my travels). I think it really came down to artistic interpretation and the medium being used (may not always have been able to add a dewclaw). A lot of ancient artistic interpretations aren’t the most anatomically accurate at all times, or some parts are and some parts aren’t. Depends on what you feel like doing! ๐Ÿ˜€ Also, the female doesn’t always have its mouth open. Depends on the culture they were in (Chinese, vs. Japanese, vs. Tibetan, etc.) as the significance varied slightly.

The cub will be separate. He fits between the adult’s front legs. I probably won’t provide a ball toy for the male, since the painter might like to use their own globe or ball of some kind.

Melody
                Keymaster

Yes i agree too that the foo dog is awesome looking! (for those who haven’t seen it, click on the 2 hr mark on the GB unicorns april 16th video. You’ll see the new SK dragons and a few minutes in they show the foo dog).

Im curious, since it’s mouth is open, is there a globe that’s going to come with it or no?

No, foo-dogs don’t seem to ever hold globes in their mouths, though sometimes they chomp on keys or swords. This one has a place on the front of her collar for a piece of dangle jewelry.

Melody
                  Keymaster

I thought we were seeing a casting of the foo dog. It looked plaster white on my screen, anyway. Therefore, I was thinking that they would be out soon.

This one is a first generation plaster.It is detailed , but it needs to be cast again so I can continue work on the next one. I don’t know why I never get the first version right. There is invariably something that needs adding or fixing on every sculpture I do.

Melody
                    Keymaster

I didn’t know there was going ot be a family of them, I just saw the one, but man oh man! It was freaking amazing!!! SQUEAL! It was a heafty fella too, sort of looking like it was in between a Griffin and a Keeper I think. *so excited*

I am just going to rotate the head to make the male foo-dog,(the male seems to always face to his right) -so they will be almost exactly the same, like the Sun and Moon dragon… Or, should I add some sexual dimorphism? Male and female Foo dogs seem to be identical, in traditional depictions, but it would be cute to have the male with a bigger mane or something like that..

I LOVE Foo Dogs! I will be saving my pennies for this one ๐Ÿ™‚

Carolyn
                      Participant

Any way you want to do them is fine , Melody . The one on the livestream was amazing looking . So much beautiful detail .

pegasus4240
                        Participant

Seriously?! Awesome!! ๐Ÿ™‚ This makes me happy, oh so very happy. Thanks!

-- Angie

Pam

The Foodog shows up at around 02:07::25 on the April 16th video.

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

I think it would be more fun for painting if they were a little different. One more masculine and the other more feminine, but I know they aren’t TECHNICALLY supposed to be that way. I’m happy either way truthfully! I’m just SUPER happy Foo Dogs are in the making!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.