fbpx

Font colors not working?

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Font colors not working?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

I want to have two different colors of font in my post-I did this…

(font color=#FF0033) typed some stuff, ended the tag (/font)

(font color=#990099) typed a new paragraph, ended the tag again (/font)

But only the first color shows up. I dont know why >.< and yes I used the < > brackets.

Adaneth
      Participant

Just had to try this myself, it’s so intriguing…

Maybe #990099 needs to be enclosed in quotes, because then it works for me.

{font color=’#990099′}

Hannah
        Participant

It seems to be working for me XD I found this neat website too.. Ill link it below. It allows you to change the color of the text in a neato fadey way! Also, yes, you should be putting in the quotation marks. Im not sure that this always matters, but it might matter on this forum in particular maybe?

http://patorjk.com/text-color-fader/

By the way, editing posts with this thing is nearly impossible XD Youll need to reinput the text again completely if you missed something, unless you want to go through the hassle of finding the right letters and changing them by hand (ick!) since every single letter has an HTML tag.

This type of thing doesnt bog down the forum does it? I wouldnt think so since HTML is pretty much just text anyway but I just want to make sure :)

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

WolfenMachine
          Participant

LOL Hannah

giving it another try with quotes
            Lets see if it works

UGH why wont it work on my other post? *stalks off to wrestle with HTML*

Thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚

Jennifer
            Keymaster

This type of thing doesn’t bog down the forum does it? I wouldn’t think so since HTML is pretty much just text anyway but I just want to make sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes and no. If it only happens once in a while it’s not a big deal. But even text takes up space… small amounts of space. That said, as an example (and you can leave it up as a great example):

Your color faded text post uses 22,472 characters.
              If you were to post regularly or just in a few colors, it would use 774 characters.

Your color faded text takes up approximately 22kb.
              If you had posted regularly or with just a few colors, it would use 1kb.

So you can see, if everyone started doing it often, it sure would use up a lot of space! The longer the post, the more space it takes. The color fading creates a FONT COLOR= and /FONT tag for every single letter.

So, while it is neat, please save it for special occasions. ๐Ÿ™‚ Plus it makes it impossible to quote or edit!!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Hannah
              Participant

HOLY CRAP! :jawdrop: Yeah, I’m not one to generally use faded text, I just thought the site was neat XD

Maybe we should just save it for birthdays and Christmas? :bigsmile:

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Jennifer
                Keymaster

HOLY CRAP! :jawdrop: Yeah, I’m not one to generally use faded text, I just thought the site was neat XD

Maybe we should just save it for birthdays and Christmas? :bigsmile:

Sure. ๐Ÿ™‚ I imagine in small amounts it’s okay! Especially if it’s not a ‘wordy’ post.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.