fbpx

Flion

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

Hey All,

I noticed a number engraved in a wing of my flion, on the underside. I imagine this is a numbering system. How many of these items were produced?  Was there different production sets?

GardenNinja
      Participant

Hi Misty,
        That is actually just the mold number. IIRC, Melody said it was included so they could trace problems to the specific mold. I don’t know if the Flion had more casting problems than other sculpts, or if they just used less identifiable marks to identify specific molds for other sculpts.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Melody
        Keymaster

That is a mold mark. We used mold mark numbers to trace any defects in the castings to the  specific mold they came out of. It roughly indicates the age of the Flion, since smaller numbers are older. However, it isn’t super accurate because the  molds would randomly rip and get replaced out of order of their actual age. A number 4 and a number 12 Flion casting might  be the same age, but the number 4 mold just  had a long useful life.

Most of the creatures , like dragons, had mold numbers in the eye sockets so they were hidden by the glass  eyes. The Flion’s eyes were too small to do this. The oldest little flapcats might have visible numbers somewhere  on  them too.

We don’t bother to number the molds now.

Zexious
          Participant

Wow, how interesting! I may have never noticed such a little detail–really cool that you used to put the numbers in the eye socket.

etruscan
            Participant

Several of the pieces have “Easter eggs” on them.  There is an old thread about it:

https://windstoneeditions.com/topic/finding-the-easter-egg-or-hidden-things-in-windstones/

The young Poad has a hidden peace symbol:

Bodine
              Participant

Hahahaha,I did NOT see that one😂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Zexious
                Participant

Too funny! I’ll have to check out that thread. Thanks, etruscan!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.