fbpx

Fledgelings

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Fledgelings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

Because the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

I just wanted to mention fledgelings again, since when we were talking about them at your place last weekend, the conversation moved on to something else before I could really finish explaining why I love them so. I know I’m not the only one who collects them specifically, and I am SO excited about the new old green ones. (New old green. That sounds wrong. But you know what I mean!)

The thing with fledgelings is that we can afford to get them in all the colors. I suppose I could afford to get hatching dragons in all colors too, but they’re mostly white anyhow, and young dragons, though also affordable, are an older sculpt and it shows, they’re just not as graceful and nicely made as the fledgelings.

Now if I wanted to get, say, the old warriors in all the colors, well first I’d have to pay $200+ for all the ones currently in production. Then I’d have to go hunting and pay $300 or more for the retired ones. THEN I’d have to watch for the limited edition ones and pay from $300 to $2,000 for them! Getting an old warrior in every color ever made would cost me thousands and thousands and thousands.

I got a fledgeling in every single color for probably less than $600 for the entire set, including retired, limited production ones, and all. I couldn’t even get ONE silver old warrior for that price.

I LOVED the violet flame old warriors, but I just can’t afford one. But I want something in violet flame, thus, my frequent agitation for a fledgeling in that color. I loved the silver old warriors even more, and though I know the silver won’t be nearly so neat on a fledgeling, it will still be neat enough, so I want one! And autumn leaf, and flame, and russet, and hybrid emerald peacock, and black emerald peacock, and black violet peacock, and… er… you probably get the picture.

Fledgelings!

SPark
      Participant

WolfenMachine
        Participant

*seconded* Althought I prefer the male dragons personally. I have 2 fledglings so far and I love them both immensely 🙂

I want to say, since SPark mentioned silver, that I LOVE the silver just as it is. From the photos, it does NOT look monotone. It has just enough variation that it really does look like a suit of armor.

Bob

the 23KT gold leaf one also does look like a treasure from an old tumb

I third this motion and I agree with Spark’s assessment of why collect that specific piece.

Barbara
            Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

I third this motion and I agree with Spark’s assessment of why collect that specific piece.

I fourth this motion! Love my fledglings! Black emerald peacock! All colors! Love ’em!

Dragonsrest wrote:

CherylKaufman wrote:

I fourth this motion! Love my fledglings! Black emerald peacock! All colors! Love ’em!

BEP ALL THE WAY BA-BY!

DantheDragon
              Participant

We want silver! We want silver!

Blegh they are so ugly. XD

Patricia
                Participant

FLEDGLINGS! Yay! I want them in every color. Right now I’m just waiting on my rainbow fledge to come in the mail before my current collection is completely accurate.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

SPark
                  Participant

vantid wrote:

Blegh they are so ugly. XD

Bah! Humbug! You just have no taste for good art! (Just kidding…)

littleironhorse
                    Participant

I (what is it now?) sixth, seventh and eight this motion! FLEDGLINGS! WOO hOO!

FROZEN!! Hi! My most FAVORITEST PERSON ON THIS ENTIRE BOARD (next to Ski)…so, when those green fledglings come out and on the OFF CHANCE that I miss them- can you take it upon yourself to snag me one- I’ll send you the money immediately! Just checkin’ just in case they are offered in the next week or so and I don’t ever see them 😀

Skigod377
                      Participant

If Frozen doesn’t get you one, I will. And I TENTH the “fledgling in every color” or whatever motion it was!

Does that pose shipping issue to send it back to the USA?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.