fbpx

Flea Market area is CLOSED – PLEASE READ!

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Flea Market area is CLOSED – PLEASE READ!

• This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pam.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pam

The Flea Market area is now closed to new topics and replies. This area has been replaced by the Classified Ads.
      http://windstoneeditions.com/classifieds

If you have not already, please copy your existing sale/wanted/trading ads over to the Classified Ads.

On Thursday, April 19, at 3:00 PM, the Flea Market subforum will be permanently removed from the Windstone Forum.

Mike
      Participant

Have a question about certain lists on the flea market, the stickys such as “want to buy” or “anyone buying”, are these going to be moved over to classifieds?
        And there are a few other stickys as well. Also longer lists like “wishlists”, and “put your wishlist here”?

Amy
        Participant

It seems like want to buy would go under the “Wanted” section.

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

Is it possible to move the feedback list sticky to general Windstone area? I really like having that at easy access

Have a question about certain lists on the flea market, the stickys such as “want to buy” or “anyone buying”, are these going to be moved over to classifieds?
            And there are a few other stickys as well. Also longer lists like “wishlists”, and “put your wishlist here”?

The Want to Buy/Anyone Buying threads will not be moved. If you have anything listed there as an item you are looking to buy, you will need to create a wanted ad for it.

The PYO Commissions thread will not be moved. If you are a PYO painter whose information is posted in the PYO Commissions thread, you will need to make a selling ad for yourself if you are accepting commissions.

The Windstone Appraisals thread and Looking for a Windstone thread will most likely move to the General Windstone area.

The Wishlist thread will most likely be moved to the General Windstone area or restarted there.

I am undecided on the feedback thread. I *may* move it to General Windstone, but at the very least it will be linked to in the upcoming Classifieds FAQ.

KaytanaPhoenix
            Participant

The Want to Buy/Anyone Buying threads will not be moved. If you have anything listed there as an item you are looking to buy, you will need to create a wanted ad for it.

The PYO Commissions thread will not be moved. If you are a PYO painter whose information is posted in the PYO Commissions thread, you will need to make a selling ad for yourself if you are accepting commissions.

The Windstone Appraisals thread and Looking for a Windstone thread will most likely move to the General Windstone area.

The Wishlist thread will most likely be moved to the General Windstone area or restarted there.

I am undecided on the feedback thread. I *may* move it to General Windstone, but at the very least it will be linked to in the upcoming Classifieds FAQ.

What about moving the PYO commissions thread (or creating a new sticky so that it’s all fresh) in the PYO section? Seems as logical as any place to put it… I’d honestly probably think to look there before the classifieds if I was looking to get a piece commissioned.

Appraisals to general seems good, since even with it in the flea market it gets asked about in general…
              and what about creating a new ‘Looking for/Wishlist’ in general instead of moving the old (again, start it fresh) and combining the two (Aren’t they really all in the same?)

I say put the feedback in general because sometimes when people off-handed mention they would like a piece they get approached by someone who’s looking to sell, having nothing to do with the classifieds (I’ve had it happy on several accounts).. so I think it would be nice for people to have easy access (even though I also understand it has nothing to do with Windstone directly, it is really nice to have some comfort of looking up on someone to help avoid people getting burned)

Just my opinion ๐Ÿ™‚ take it for whatever use you may get out of it ๐Ÿ™‚

siberakh1
              Participant

I’m a little late on this, since I’ve been away part of the last week and prepping prior to) for a convention. I really don’t think the PYO commissions sticky thread should disappear. It’s a convenient listing of commissioners rather than having to sift through 20 different commission threads. I agree with Kaytana’s suggestion of moving it to the PYO thread. It’s a good logical place to put it and I have in the past checked there before realizing it is in the Flea Market. I’d honestly check the PYO section for this info before I would sift through classified ads for commission threads. Sifting through the classifieds for a particular commission thread would be quite honestly a pain in the rear and not everyone who takes commissions is very active post wise on the forum. Some may not be aware of this change.

Pam

I will put PYO commissions in the PYO subforum then ๐Ÿ™‚

etruscan
                  Participant

Is there a way to arrange the ads so that the newest is on top (my preference)? Or do people prefer to have the oldest show up first?

Pam

You can arrange ads by expiration date after using the filter, and we are currently working on a way to add this same ability to all pages. However, oldest ads will continue to be shown first by default, to prevent bumping wars.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.