Fixing a small chip…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Fixing a small chip…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am purchasing an emerald coiled mother dragon that has a small chip by her eye, should I find emerald green paint to touch her up with? If so, what kind of paint? Or should I just get her repaired by one of the experts on here? Please help me, any information would be great ๐Ÿ™‚

Here is a link to the picture of the chip:

http://s888.photobucket.com/albums/ac81/evanescenceable/windstones/?action=view&current=ECM5.jpg

-Julia

You’re gonna need paint from Windstone, the Emerald color paint is one of those paints that simply can’t be matched from anything store bought, trust me, I’ve tried, I do have some of the lighter green for Emerald, out of the darker cause the jar it was put in had a funky top & it dried on me. But Melody would send you the paint.

This will need a little more than just the paint though, you will need some kind of filler. Also, once you do have the paint, & the area repaired, you need to base coat it with basic black, then lay the green paint over it, that should blend it in pretty seamlessly. Then seal with some brush on satin varnish & you’ll be all set.

Kyrin

Thank you! I PM’ed you ๐Ÿ™‚

Christine
    Participant

I’ve had ok luck with matching Emerald for tiny areas. I use a very fine gold metallic along with the green acrylic to get the tone right. It’s not factory exact, but extremely passable if it’s a small area.

I used Windsor and Newton Finity and Golden brand acrylics. Nothing beats factory paint though, for matching ease. ๐Ÿ™‚

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I’ve got a couple of good matches for emerald too. I actually think it’s the easiest color next to ruby to match. If you need a “recipe” let me know ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.