Fingers crossed, please! Update 4/17 pg. 2

Home Forums Miscellany Community Fingers crossed, please! Update 4/17 pg. 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

*fingers crossed*

Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

Skigod377
    Participant

Good luck!!

Well, the interview went pretty well on Friday. They were pretty up front about the money being not-so-great (if I get the job, after taxes it’ll be only a little more than what unemployment is paying…. ๐Ÿ™ ) But; the benefits are pretty awesome–full medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, they pay for any classes that are needed for our licenses, AND A REAL PENSION!! The last time I worked for a municipality, you got pension rights right away, not after like 10 years.

It’s 10 hour days that start at 4 AM (GAH!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I am SO not a morning person….) and end at 2:30 in the afternoon, which isn’t so bad. And it’s day shift and not nights or rotating shifts—I was a little worried about that.

I got a follow-up call from the township yesterday, asking for a contact number for one of the references I had provided, and I was told that they’re looking to make their decision this week, and it’s down to me and one other guy.

I keep telling myself that no matter what, I only need this job until we can make our move to Kentucky in a few years, and this job also will give me the chance to get a drinking water treatment license from NJ, which, like my other NJ licenses will carry reciprocity in KY, and will hopefully be very helpful to me in getting a job down there.
      So…..please continue to keep the fingers crossed for me! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll update when I get more news.

Jasmine
      Participant

Extra Good Luck Hun!!

LadyFirebird
        Participant

I hope you get this! At least it will mean some money coming in so best of luck!

Adaneth
          Participant

Oooh, glad it’s down to just two. Hope you get it–those sound like really splendid benefits! ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow those sound like good benefits! So hopefully you get it!

And actually working is miles better on your resume then sitting on your butt doing nothing.

Maria
            Participant

That sounds good! I hope you get the job.

lamortefille
              Participant

More good thoughts heading your way! ๐Ÿ™‚

Okay….it’s so nice to be able to post good news! ๐Ÿ˜€
                I GOT THE JOB!!! I start on May 3rd. Thanks for all good luck wishes, guys. ๐Ÿ˜€

Laurie
                Participant

YAY!!!!! (we need a jumping up and down emoticon)

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

*TOSSES CONFETTI AND SINGS SEVERAL RENDITIONS OF HANDELS’ HALLELUJAH CHORUS!!!* HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY!!! GOOD ON YA’ MATE ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Bob

This is GREAT news and money could get better with time

Laurie
                      Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

*TOSSES CONFETTI AND SINGS SEVERAL RENDITIONS OF HANDELS’ HALLELUJAH CHORUS!!!* HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY!!! GOOD ON YA’ MATE ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

Ya gotta love this woman!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ XD XD XD XD

Jasmine
                        Participant

Yay!!! Congrats to you!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.