Featured Fuzzy June 2009: Silver Frost Fuzzy

Home Forums Miscellany Love, Fuzzy Featured Fuzzy June 2009: Silver Frost Fuzzy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pam

Pam

Featured Fuzzy June 2009: Silver Frost Fuzzy

The “Silver Frost Fuzzy” is considered a species of wild fuzzy, though they show absolutely no fear of people. The Silver Frost fuzzy gets its name from its beautiful, medium-length, black and silver frosted fur. They are very soft and smooth to the touch, but as you can tell from the pictures, they do shed a lot! The Silver Frost fuzzy can reach a maximum length of about 3-4 inches (though some are much smaller), and they sport a wide variety of bright eye colors (unusual for a wild species). This fuzzy prefers cool, wooded areas, but can feel just as at home living in a basement or cellar (especially in summer).

For the most part, the Silver Frost fuzzy just ignores people. The are extremely energetic and have very short attention spans. I had a difficult time photographing them, as soon as a put them out on the table to took off in all directions! Fortunately for me, they are also very curious, and I was able to get some good close up shots as they investigated the camera. I even got one of a very small silver eyed individual that may be a separate subspecies, as I have yet to see any of the larger Silver Frost fuzzies with that eye color.

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Oh my, they do shed a lot! πŸ˜€ I think they’d be right at home here is Soda Springs – it’s always rather cool and wet here (current temp is 64F and it’s raining…) πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum 8)

tdm

Jasmine
          Participant

Aw, they’re cute. Any special diet for these guys or just the usual chocolate and candy?? πŸ˜€

Karasgolddragon
            Participant

Jasmine wrote:

Aw, they’re cute. Any special diet for these guys or just the usual chocolate and candy?? πŸ˜€

I think M&M’s ( :yum: ) would be a favorite of theirs!

Beth

S’mores–the official diet of the Windstone Store Campers!

twindragonsmum
              Participant

49ER wrote:

S’mores–the official diet of the Windstone Store Campers!

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum πŸ˜†

tdm

LadyFirebird
                Participant

I was curious–I placed an order in June but one of these type of Fuzzies weren’t in my box. Did I have to specifiy ‘Silver Frost Fuzzy’ and will they be jumping into boxes of items ordered in July?

Pam

The fuzzies we feature for each month (sorry i missed a few months!–I will try to make up for it) are not necessarily fuzzies that you would get by ordering in that month. Sometimes these fuzzies only travel with certain colors, certain items, or they may just be random. Susie will usually make an announcement if a fuzzy can only be got during a certain time frame (like the Super fuzzy and V-day fuzzy). The Silver Frost fuzzy has been traveling out at random for some months now. They are not extremely common though. They are hard to catch.

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

What sort of equipment does one need when going fuzzy hunting? Anything special?

twindragonsmum 8)

tdm

LadyFirebird
                      Participant

Hmmmmmm–can they be inticed like with the promise of chocolate at the end of their destination? :yum:

Pam

This fuzzy seems to like the typical fare of fuzzies–anything sugary, chocolate, etc. They also like fruits and berries.
                          The easiest way to catch a Silver Frost fuzzy though is to lure them out with something that will appeal to their curiosity. In this case, it was a large clean bucket tipped onto its side, with random nicknacks inside (such as pencils, paperclips, and marbles).
                          They won’t run at the site of me, but they are also very hard to pick up. They hate having to stay put for even a second, and will slip right out from between my fingers almost instantly, leaving me with just a hand-full of little silver fuzzy hairs! Its easier for me to just wait for a large group of them to congregate inside the bucket, then I just tip it right-side up. After about a day they get more used to being held.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.