Favorite Quotes

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Favorite Quotes

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Lupin
    Participant

khat7 wrote:

I think we are going to review her works again for Home School. My daughter especially enjoys poetry and will love revisiting Em.
      btw here’s a shameless plug on her behalf 😆
      http://www.postpoems.com/members/princess_of_god

If you want to look for some other good “Older” poem’s written by women(well one specifically) try E. Pauline Johnson One of her best known is also the name of a Book of her published works if I remember correctly The Song My Paddle Sings

purplecat wrote:

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain.

Hope is the thing with feathers
      that perches in the soul,
      And sings the tune without the words,
      And never stops at all.

I shall tell you how the sun rose,-
      A ribbon at a time.

Because I could not stop for Death,
      He kindly stopped for me;
      The carraige held but just ourselves
      And Immortality.

I really love Emily Dickenson. 🙂

Emily Dickinson actually had many love interests but her demands were high. Not only for the fact that she rarely ever left her room because of her illness and her experiences at an all girls college. She had four men that she was very interested in, including a preacher and a judge. The other two I forget. She sent them letters and a few poems that she wrote about them and they wrote her back, engaging in her game but nothing more. Emily more fanisized about a relationship with them more than anything else. On the outside they were good friends to her but in her mind they were her lovers.

I wanted to apologize, I know I created this thread and I didn’t mean to leave it hanging. Life has just gotten more complicated and busy since then. I hardly have the time to post once a week sometimes once a month. I’m glad that this thread has gone so far.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.