fbpx

Favorite Halloween movie?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Favorite Halloween movie?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    KaytanaPhoenix
    Participant

I’m not into horror movies myself… but I’m big on watching Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride this time of year! And my mom and I watch Practical Magic as a Halloween tradition! And I just love making popcorn with mini marshmallows in it for movie time this time of year! Or caramel apples!!

Blight
      Participant

HOCUS POCUS.

Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Practical Magic, House on Haunted Hill, Thir17en Ghosts, others… Tons ๐Ÿ˜€

Kim
        Blocked

I haven’t seen many scary or horror movies myself besides a few exorcist type ones and although I used to love movies like that, they made it harder for me to sleep with my insomnia. Although sometimes I watch the ‘Haunted’ shows on TV where they go into haunted houses and film and record stuff. I used to like the Nightmare Before Christmas as well. I haven’t done anything for Halloween yet but next weekend I have a church young adult party where I am teaching dance and then the next night I am going to a Halloween Salsa dance. I don’t know what I’ll wear unless I dig up an old costume.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

NatashaV, that all sounds like heaven! There are similar things going on up north as well, but I live near none of it ๐Ÿ™ which is why I have my own little celebration.

I got my line up picked out….i narrowed it down from about 20 movies. First I start with something traditional soft and animated and then I warm up with something silly and scary, and possibly animated. Then I move on to at least one Stephen King movie, and one seriously messed up movie. I follow this up with a movie that I have never seen before and then again followed by a classic. I like to end the night and fall sleep on the couch with a classic. So here they are for Halloween 2015.

Warm and Fuzzy Classic to get the party started, It’s the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Traditionally, I start my night out by watching this movie. If i miss it on TV, I have the DVD.

Next is Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride, (it was a toss up between Little Shop of Horrors, Garbage Pail Kids, and Goonies)

For my Stephen King classic this year, will be Creep Show from 1982 (has 3 short stories, and was a toss up between between Maximum Overdrive, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, and Kingdom Hospital…

For my messed up movie this year….and this wasnt easy, I decided to go with The Last Exorcism

There are two that are new to me, that I am tossing around, The Hills run Red and The Reaping…I might give them both a go….

And the classic to end the marathon….Body Snatchers

This list is comprised of movies that i have not seen in this calendar year….which is why Beetlejuice was out and so was Killer Klowns from outer space.

The countdown is on!! Lol!!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Lokie
            Participant

Horror movies are my favorite genre of movie, so I pretty much watch them whenever I have an opportunity (for instance, I’ll be renting “It Follows” tomorrow). I don’t really associate horror movies with Halloween (except the “Halloween” series) or watch any particular movie on that night. I think if I was going to make a tradition of watching movies on Halloween, it would probably be the “Evil Dead” series.

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Hocus Pocus. It’s my favorite childhood movie and I don’t care for horror flicks.

AMUCKAMUCKAMUCKAMUCK!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Hocus Pocus hands down!!! Halloween Town High is fun ‘cuz it was filmed here in Utah and some friends of ours got to be extras; it’s always fun to try to spot ’em. Two flicks that aren’t necessarily made for Halloween but that the boys and I like are The Spiderwick Chronicals and R.I.P.D. There is also a documentary style piece about the Winchester Mystery House. That one I like because I used to be a tour guide there. We used to shut off all the lights at night after the last tour group left and play hide and seek in the dark. We were pretty good at freaking ourselves out!

tdm ๐Ÿ™‚

tdm

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.