fbpx

Fantasy writer's inside joke… lol

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Fantasy writer's inside joke… lol

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    littleironhorse
    Participant

littleironhorse
      Participant

I was reading and this sentence just popped out at me so I just had to come here and share it with you guys:

In Blood Lines, by Tanya Huff, inspector Cantree, talking about a murder investigation, says to detective Celluci: “I want you helping Lackey and Dixon on the Griffin case.”

Just in the unlikely case that some of you don’t know this, Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon are co-authors of the Mage Wars trilogy (among others): Black Gryphon, White Gryphon and Silver Gryphon.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

lamortefille
        Participant

Cute! I bet she wondered how many people would pick up on that.

twindragonsmum
          Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum

tdm

dragonmedley
            Participant

Hahaha! That’s awesome.

In one of the Anita Blake novels, there was a reference to the Pricess Bride that had me rolling on the floor.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Oh my gosh, that’s hilarious!

I forget, what else has Tanya Huff written? Her name is extremely familiar, and it seems like I’ve either read or intended to read some of her books.

Tanya has written a lot.

Blood series, 6 books I believe, great series…made into a TV series as well, very cool.

A spin off from the Blood series starting with Smoke and Shadows which has 3 books already, also good.

Sing the Four Quarters
              The Quartered Sea
              One other I can’t remember off hand, also a good series

Summon the Keeper
              The Second Summoning
              The Long Hot Summoning

These three in particular are hillarious. I love Austin, Claire’s cat, sarcastic as all get out.

Kyrin

Kyrin wrote:

Sing the Four Quarters
              The Quartered Sea
              One other I can’t remember off hand, also a good series

Fifth Quarter and No Quarter are the other ones, I recall.

Other novels written by Tanya Huff as far as I can remember:
              Child of the Grove
              The Last Wizard

Valor’s Choice
              The Better Part of Valor
              The Heart of Valor

And I think I’ve read a short story that was written by her… What Ho Magic! or something.

None of those sound familiar, so I guess I’ve just seen her on bookshelves. Same cover artist as the Lackey-Dixons, right? Jody Lee? That’s probably why she seems more familiar than she is…
              I take it she’s pretty popular.

Jasmine
              Participant

She’s a great writer. I first started reading her fantasy stuff, but then got into the Blood series. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they’re going to bring back the TV series.

Ya, she’s rather good… At least worth a try, if not anything else.

And what comes to the author’s popularity… At least not in Finland. πŸ˜† Not too many know her here.

Jasmine
                Participant

I just love the fact that she is Canadian and writes about stuff in Toronto. Then I can say, “Hey, I’ve been there…” I do that with Guy Gavriel Kay books too. He’s a wonderful, relatively unknown but excellent writer (and a really, really nice person).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.