Family

Home Forums Miscellany Community Family

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

Prayers for my cousin and his family would be most welcome. He is currently at the U. C. Davis Trauma Center awaiting surgery. He’d been hiking with his boys over the weekend up in California Gold Country and took a horrible fall; broke 5 ribs, his tail bone, smashed 2 vertebrae, broke his tibia and bruised his spleen. Butte County search and rescue did an absolutely phenomenal job in extracting him and other hikers in the area who were essentially first responders and got him stabilized and stayed with him and his kids the hour it took search and rescue to get in to where they were are heroes in our book as well. We are cautiously optimistic for a favorable outcome at this time. Anyone who would like to add your good thoughts, prayers of support, etc. would be most welcome. Thank you all so much

Beckie

tdm

Aggie83
      Participant

Thank heavens for good samaritans, i’ll absolutely say a prayer for him.

Kim
        Blocked

Oh no. That sounds like quite a fall. Sorry to hear that. I hike mountains a lot myself and luckily have never experienced anyone getting hurt but have always wondered how dangerous it can be if someone slipped. Anyway I hope he gets better and I can pray for him too.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

jmoore
          Participant

Sending prayers his way for sure!

Adaneth
            Participant

Wow, how scary! That must have been just dreadful for his sons too. Praying that he and his family pull through this.

Bodine
              Participant

Oh,so sorry.Hugz of support to you and the family.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Stormbreeze
                Participant

Thank goodness for those individuals who helped save his life.; with the care of skilled trauma surgeons and his family, may he get better soon!

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

nessiemom
                  Participant

Sending positive thoughts for your family!!

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Thanks guys

tdm

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

Eric goes to surgery in the morning to stabilize his back and then Thursday they’ll take care of his leg. And we are so very grateful to the hikers that cared for Eric and comforted his sons until search and rescue arrived. They are truly angels…

Beckie

tdm

Amstaff
                        Participant

Thank goodness for the kind people who helped him out !! My thoughts and prayers go out to him and all his family, may he have a speedy recovery.

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

So an update. Surgeons managed to fish out all the bone fragments pushing on Eric’s spinal cord and stablized the vertebrae, ribs and his leg and they’ve had him up and hobbling around (albeit extremely painfully hobbling). They are hoping to be able to move him closer to home soon for rehabilitation/physical therapy (did I spell that right?). Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts. They were very needed and greatly appreciated!

Beckie

tdm

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Thanks for the updates, and glad to hear he’s steadily getting better.
                              As always, thoughts and prayers going out!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

phantomess
                              Participant

I hope all goes well with a timely recovery!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Adaneth
                                Participant

Delighted to hear the surgery went well and he’s on the mend. Hope it continues and quickly!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.