fbpx

Fall PYO Swap 2023 sign up thread

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Fall PYO Swap 2023 sign up thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Melsarda
    Participant

Welcome to the Fall 2023 PYO Swap!
      Please read below for how to join the Fall 2023 PYO swap.
      The rules/dates are as follows:
      Sign ups are open thru Sunday, August 27th. By September 1st, I will send out forum PMs with everyone’s swap partners. Your finished PYO should be shipped as early as November 1st and no later than November 10th. This gives everyone about 2 months to order and complete their piece. I will check on progress and reach out to offer aid through out the swap. I will send out a PM around October 22nd to ask if your piece is ready and get an idea if anyone will be delayed.
      To sign up: Send me a PM through the forum and include “Fall 2023 PYO Swap” in the subject. I will reply to each PM to confirm receipt.

PM should include:
      1.Forum name, full name, Facebook name, email address, and mailing address. (Please include information of how to best contact you ie; facebook messenger, forum messages, email) Make sure it’s an address that can accept packages, since this is where your swap partner will be sending your piece.
      2. Requests for what sculpts you’d like to receive and if there are any you’d prefer to NOT receive. Store stock is a little low, so this swap will need to be more open-minded towards sculpts. If you are only interested in a very few of the 26 PYOs Windstone offers, for example “dragons only,” please do not sign up. Also, please do give a prompt for the painter. Part of the fun is getting to paint things you might not paint for yourself, and another part is receiving something painted just for you. Prompts can include desired color schemes, animal inspiration, or a general subject.
      Some things may come into stock after you sign up and before the swap ends, so I suggest listing three or so different sculpts in order of preference (but also be open to something out of that short list), or something like “no unicorns” or “anything but X and Y.” No harm in indicating a preference for one that is not in stock – some of us may have some sitting around unpainted, but let’s make sure that every participant will be able to fulfill your request. The painting period has been extended a month to try to allow for restocks of PYO sculpts. If painters want to wait on ordering, please do keep in mind the ship date period in regards to your painting speed.
      3. Whether you will be willing to ship outside the country.
      This would also be the place to say if you have anything you just absolutely hate to paint – we want everyone to have a good time with the swap after all.
      All partners will be determined by random drawing. If Melody is participating, her recipient will be drawn first so that everyone has an equal chance. After that, I will make adjustments as needed to accommodate requests as best I can, but the primary method of selection will be random. I will not be in the drawing for Melody’s recipient.
      ++
      Things to remember:
      *You are responsible for buying a blank PYO, painting it, and mailing it by the ship date. In return, you will receive a painted piece.
      *Please do not ship early.
      *You are probably not painting for the person who is painting for you. This is more of a “secret santa” type exchange.
      *If you’ve never shipped Windstones before – please take note of how the blank you receive is boxed from the company. Windstones are very fragile and must be double boxed. Your safest bet is to reuse the packaging it comes in. If you need any guidance in packing, feel free to message me and I will walk you through it.
      *Sign the felt pad before you ship your piece. Naming your piece is a nice touch, but not required.
      *To keep in the spirit of the swap, don’t post any pictures of your piece (even in your private gallery) until your recipient has received it. No spoilers.
      *Everyone is welcome. Just do your best. If you need help, reach out.
      *We do this not only to give, but to receive. Please commit to following through on shipping the piece to your recipient. If you must drop out, let me know ASAP so that we can reorganize recipients, or arrange something else.

Melsarda

Nekoi
      Participant

Sent you a PM!

>^_^< V

Bodine
        Participant

Add me please.Thank you.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Deanna
          Participant

Sending PM 🙂

AmyrlinDeanna

Reialynne
            Participant

PM sent! I’m so excited to participate this year!

Cretaceous_K
              Participant

I sent you a pm! Super excited 😄!

Would love to see more dinosaur windstones! ❤️

Melody
                Keymaster

The messaging thing here is acting weird for me, did you get my pm entry?

Belliae
                  Participant

PM sent

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

PM Sent!
                      I should have plenty of time to paint a PYO. So looking forward to getting back into painting again. ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Renna C
                      Participant

PM sent, please tell me if it didn’t go through.

RC

Zloy720
                        Participant

PM sent as well!

Thank you for managing the swap again!

Megan
                          Participant

How many are signed up so far? I’m on the fence about joining… haven’t had much artistic inspiration lately and would hate to send someone a mediocre piece.

PhillyDrgnLdy
                            Participant

PM sent!

BigCatKeeper
                              Participant

PM sent!

Paula
                                Participant

Please add me, pm sent thank you

X

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.