Fall ACEO Swap 2013 ~ Just rounding them all up!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Fall ACEO Swap 2013 ~ Just rounding them all up!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Hello Everyone!

This is to address the upcoming ACEO Art Card Swap. It will be hosted by me, 96037, and even though it will partially overlay the PYO Swap, I hope that there will still be a lot of participants. I’m gonna try to make this pretty well organized so that it goes well. Sorry it is so long, but bear with me, it covers everything. So here we go…..

WHAT IS A ACEO or ART CARD Swap?

Art trading cards (ATC’s) are miniature pieces of art traded around the world in both large “swap events” and online. It is a great way to meet other artists and to share your work. The only official rule for ATC’s is the size: 2.5″ by 3.5″.

The movement first started in 1997 when M. Vanci Stirnemann, a Swiss artist, created 1,200 by hand as part of an exhibit. On the last day, he invited others to create their own cards and trade with him during the closing reception. After that, the movement took off as other artists organized major “swap” events. Today, there are ATC swaps in almost every major city around the world, and there are also many online swaps.

The signups for this swap will run from September 9 through September 23, the same deadline as the PYO Swap, so it should be easier to remember.

Please, NO PM’s, except for general swap questions that were not answered.

To sign up, send me an email at little*kitty*dragon*@*yahoo.com (without the stars). Please make the Subject line: FALL ART CARD SWAP

Also, in the email, please include the following:

Your FORUM NAME
    Your NAME
    Your MAILING ADDRESS
    Whether or not you will need a STAMP for return postage.
    How MANY cards you would like to MAKE, how many you NEED from me, as well as WHAT KINDS you would like.

To add to the variety I will have the following types of cards available to be supplied by me on a first come first serve basis:

**UPDATED 9/21/13**UPDATED 9/18/13**UPDATED 9/14/13**UPDATED 9/12/13*

WATER COLOR (limit one please) [I have 10][10 left]
    CANVAS TEXTURE (No limit) [I have 40 and when they’re, they’re gone][37 left]
    NORMAL TEXTURED (no limit) [I have 20 and can get more][13 left, for now]
    CLASSIC BRISTOL (no limit) [I have 40 and can get more][17 left, for now]
    And only 1 ILLUSTRATION BOARD. (I want to have a good variety so I will try to find more.) [1 Left]

When you email me I will get back to you ASAP possible and add you to the list.

THE CARDS

I can supply up to five cards per person. You can do more if you feel like it, but you have to get those extra cards yourself. There will be no media requirements, only that your card is 2.5″ by 3.5″ and can fit in a classic card sleeve.

I also ask that on the back of the card you include the following:

Your forum name, your signature, the date it was completed, and if it is part of a series, the number of the card and the name of the series.

THE SWAP

I will mail out the requested cards on September 24 and 25. You will have until December 6 to return your cards for the swap. I ask that you can have them in the mail by November 29. I will send an email out on the 30th, to find out how many cards are being sent in, as well as to confirm if they were mailed. There should be plenty of overlap time from the PYO Swap. When I receive the cards, I will confirm them on this thread.

When all the cards have been received, they will be sleeved, photographed (in case somebody cannot post), and randomly drawn, but ensuring that no one get’s their own cards back. I will also be doing one extra card for each swapee, so, if you send me three cards, you’ll get three swap cards back and one other card done by me. The gift cards will also be randomized, and will be marked “Fall ACEO Swap, 2013” on the back.

I will mail them back out Mid December, or when they have all been received and swapped, whichever is sooner.

I am also in debate of doing like a “class photo” of all the completed cards. Let me know what ya think of this idea. If for any reason you do not wish me to photograph you card( s ), please tell me. They will/would be used only for the purpose of identification and this thread, and only the front side (with the art) would be photographed.

THEMES:

Just for fun, I am going to try something new. There will be no REQUIRED theme for this swap, however I am going to make three suggested themes for this swap. This means, that why you do NOT have to do a theme, you can choose if you’d like to do some or all of your cards by a chosen theme I have listed. If you do choose to do a “themed card”, all I ask is that you mark the back of the card with the theme, in addition to the other information. I have come up with the following themes to try this out:

*Under the Surface
    *Natural Elements
    *Un-realism

These are generic and meant to challenge anyone who may have interest. I am interested in seeing interpretations of these simple yet, complex ideas. Remember you are NOT in any way required to do a theme. They are just for fun.

SOME COMMON QUESTIONS:

Why a swap?
    Because it is is fun, for both the swappers and even those who just like to look at mini art.

Does it cost anything?
    No, the swap will cost you nothing aside maybe a stamp.

Who can enter?
    Anyone can enter, don’t be shy!

Are there requirements for my cards?
    Only that it be flat enough to mail in an envelope, 2.5″ by 3.5″, and contain no hazardous materials that the post office would be upset by.

________________________Requested________________Actually In Swap
    *96037…………………………………… 5 ………………………………………….4+15
    *laundry2011………………………….. 4 ………………………………………….8
    *zloy720…………………………………. 5 ………………………………………….5
    *Bodine………………………………….. 3 ………………………………………….3+2
    *Harriat(my cat)……………………….. 4 …………………………………………. 5
    *Ashley (a neighbor)………………… 1-2 ……………………………………… 3
    *Etaven………………………………….. 4 ………………………………………….4
    *grayfireartz…………………………… 10 ………………………………………….10
    *FlamingDragon………………………. ? …………………………………………. 3
    *pony-up…………………………………. 4 ………………………………………….X
    *bigdaddywolf………………………….. 1 ………………………………………….X
    *animegal……………………………….. 3 ………………………………………….X
    *Leigha ………………………………….. 5 …………………………………………. Mailed??
    *Branziboo………………………………. 3 ………………………………………….3
    *Kimk……………………………………… 4 ………………………………………….4
    *Drag0nfeathers………………………. ? ………………………………………….5
    *Melody Pena……………………….. 15 …………………………….. 15

NOTE: Plus( s ) and a number are cards more than being swapped, for example, 6 + 3 would be six(6) in the swap, and three( 3 for commemoration, thank you’s etc. The same way I am making a card for each person in the swap, some swappers are making cards specifically for melody, etc.

**UPDATE 9/12

Thanks to all whom are entering. This is becoming bigger than I thought as some neighbors in my apartments are becoming interested. I’f any one objects to this, just let me know! It was originally for the Windstone Forum members, so I assume I should be fair and ask. I guess it was never listed if they had to be forum members or not…

So for the moment, feel free to invite friends. The more the merrier ;). If someone doesn’t have a forum name I’ll just post their first name only.

**UPDATE 9/18/13**

I updated the list with five more people for the swap, sorry if I typed the usernames slightly incorrectly, I was using an IPad of my friends for the first time, if I missed anything, let me know. I’ll fix anything that is incorrect when I return home on Friday afternoon.

**UPDATE 11/16/2013**

I have received cards from 2 participants with another confirmed on the way. About half of mine are done, and I will be sending out an email next week as a reminder along with my adress for those who may be ready by then. I would like for all cards to be mailed by the 29th rather than the 28th, as I didn’t realize it was thanksgiving, so you all have an extra day.

If all goes well and i have no more seizures/episodes I do plan to have them all swapped and mailed within 48 hours after I get them, We’ll see how it goes, again thanks to all those participating!

**Update 11/24/2013**

Let me know if I missed any.. 6 days left! 🙂

**UPDATE 11/28/13

Tomorrow is the last day, please let me know if you cannot get them mailed this weekend. Uh I think I have not heard from :

Greyfireartz
    Ponyup,animegirl and bigdaddywolfe,
    Leigha

And Have have heard but not been told they have been mailed from:

Kimk
    Flamingdragon (mailing tomorrow?)

Thanks All!

** UPDATE 11/29/13 Fixed some errors on my list, Harriat’s are done
    yes I received yours etaven, I just goofed, was probably tired oops, Fixed on my list now

_______________________________________________________________________________________

***Update 12/10/13*****

Ok, as far as I know they are all on the the way, I just got flamingdragon’s amid an unrelated package mix-up

I am waiting for Kimk’s, Greyfireartz’s, liegha’s and pony-up’s cards to arrive. As far as I know Animegirl and bigdaddywolfe’s will be with Pony-up’s cards.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

**UPDATE 12/19/13*****

Ok, I’ve got all except for leigha’s. Pony-up, animegirl, and bigdaddywolfe unfortunately were not able to take part this time.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Oh and just for fun my cat and my nieghbor may be joining the swap. Is anyone against this?

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Zloy720
    Participant

The more the merrier I say!

I’m in! Will send an email shortly! 😉

Kim
      Blocked

Sounds good. I will join since I have lots of time after I move Oct. 1. I like the theme ideas but am not yet sure what I will do. I think a class photo at the end would be nice too.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Bodine
        Participant

Class photo sounds great.I got a new camera so I can take pictures again.Thanks much!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

rock-reader
          Participant

Oh and just for fun my cat and my nieghbor may be joining the swap. Is anyone against this?

Your cat???

I can’t participate (physical limitations) but I look forward to seeing all the fantastic art. Go, artists, go!! :party:

Your cat???

I can’t participate (physical limitations) but I look forward to seeing all the fantastic art. Go, artists, go!! :party:

Ya, I’m gonna lay ply board on the floor, place some cards on it, and paint her paws with food coloring and bakingsoda. I’ll let her walk across the cards, and those will be hers. She’l probably play with them. 🙂

EDIT**

And if you guys could, don’t forget to send the emails to me if you can when you are all set with deciding the cards you want and stuff. Sorry my post was so long, i put alot of information about aceo’s in general.

Zloy720
            Participant

I sent you an email, please let me know when you get it & if I left anything out that you’d requested.

Thanks! 🙂

Falcolf
              Participant

I really want to participate! Just not sure if I’m going to have time in the next little while, so I’m giving it some thought at the moment. 🙂

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Victoria
                Participant

Email sent!

Got it, I’ve updated the list! And please look at the card type list, I had updated it as well, and will mark the card count there. Thanks you guys!

Grayfire_artz
                  Participant

I’m in this time 😀

LAST CALL FOR ENTRIES!

Just a reminder that the entry deadline is 6:00 PM PST on Monday, 9/23/13. I will be mailing out the cards on Wednesday next week! Thanks for everyone who has joined so far, and have fun!!

Kim
                    Blocked

I’m joining. I just have to email later.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

K so I am in and I sent e-mail. Not sure if correct address!

littlekittydragon@yahoo.com is this correct address?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.