fbpx

Fake Windstone website?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Fake Windstone website?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Cassandra
    Participant

I feel very confused. When I was searching for Windstones I came across this strange site which is awfully similar to the actual Windstone website.
      http://windstoneeditions.net/catalog

dragonmedley
      Participant

:O Wow!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Weird! Could it be part of the real Windstone pages?

tdm

tdm

Mary
          Participant

That site is registered to Windstone. If ever in doubt, you can use the Internet tool “Whois” to see who is the registered owner of any site.

http://whois.net/whois/windstoneeditions.net

You can see that the address is Windstone’s & it shows who’s hosting the website for Windstone.

There are lots of suffixes like .org, .net, .com, .edu, .biz, and often businesses register any commercial suffixes so that spoofers cannot take them to fool people that they’re legitimate.

haha look through the website! it appears to be where they test things at! the forums are old and there is even a pyo gallery 2. There is aforum thread called “post testing grounds” where they appear to be testing the posts. the most recent post is in Foo Dogs, from 10/2/12 and simply says test. you can even see everyone (drag0nfeathers, hannah, purplecat) old pics and everything.kinda cool

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
            www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
            Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

if you go into the shop it even has some things listed as in stock. funny to imagine someone trying to buy an item that is actually not instock..

EDIT** even in the blog about a pyo gargoyle?

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Susie
            Keymaster

You have accidentally found your way into our “development site” – We are fixing things so that door is no longer open. Sorry about that! Please do not order anything from there, I don’t think it will work but if it does, that would not be a good thing. Sorry about the confusion! We’ve been working on improvements to our site and have been using it a lot lately.

Susie
              Keymaster

O.K. – the development site is no longer accessible – if you use the link above you will just go into our regular “Real” operative site! Sorry about the confusion!

lol that is hilarious! 🙂

Bullsquid
                Participant

I’m glad to see that this was just Windstone’s testing grounds and not someone trying to scam people.

Cassandra
                  Participant

lol that is a huge relief to know that it was just a test site. And I’m happy that no one will be able to find it and get confused like I did =P

I still find the concept of a mirror site funny. I’ll say I had fun exploring it and reading really old threads. 🙂

Kim
                    Blocked

What I do sometimes on here when I don’t have much else to do is I go through pages of threads under General Windstone and click on which titles catch my interest. So far I have gone back 70 pages and was reading some interesting threads from 2007. I came across one about an older lady’s collection that had died that someone purchased from an antique shop and it was interesting reading the mystery of how they came to discover who this person was. It was happy and then a little sad and then seemed to have a more peaceful ending. I read other happy and not so happy threads too but overall it’s been interesting reading people’s opinions and how everyone works things out on here.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.