fbpx

Fairy Kirin…. you must take the time to see this one.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Fairy Kirin…. you must take the time to see this one.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Its a beautiful paintjob whippet but we are flooded with these in the shops over here at the mo and they are awfull.

http://wondertrail.com/Merchant2/graphics/tudor-mint/K272.jpg

Im glad to say yours stands out away from them ๐Ÿ˜€

Skigod377
    Participant

Griffiness wrote:

Its a beautiful paintjob whippet but we are flooded with these in the shops over here at the mo and they are awfull.

http://wondertrail.com/Merchant2/graphics/tudor-mint/K272.jpg

Im glad to say yours stands out away from them ๐Ÿ˜€ Thats what they have at the PX over here. No wonder they say fantasy doesnt sell ๐Ÿ˜•

Arlla
      Participant

Just now saw this one for the first time and WOOOOW, Whippet!!! It’s AMAZING!!! I’m so jealous!!! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
        -J R R Tolkien

sunhawk wrote:

whippetluv wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Oh wow! I love the wings, and the idea, and the scales are just gorgeous! I don’t know how you’d want to ship it, though, so you’ll probably have to keep it?

Oh no…actually it will be very easy to ship. That is he best part of my evil plan you know! Those wings are very flexable and can be folded for shipment! ha!!

Kyrin –
        I would not drill…not even hand drill. Windstones are very very easy to chip and pop, much more so than ceramics or plastic resin. I just cut the wires away and worked from there.

I dunno, handrills can work with very fine drillbits, if she’s careful she might be okay! I’ve drilled seashells with my handdrill and it worked out better than I thought. I think you just need to do it in light passes, very quickly, so that the gypsum doesn’t have time to chip beyond the hole? Also lets you blow out the powdered gypsum from the hole. I’d say it’s worth a try anyway! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

True, and if I do mess it up, I can always fix it…not like I haven’t done that before. LOL!

Kyrin

Jodi
        Participant

I love what you did with your Kirin, Whippet. That’s really beautiful.

Andrea
          Participant

Now someone needs to find some bat wings! How cool would that be??

SPark
            Participant

Oooooooooooo… I may have to do that on my evil Ki-rin, if I ever get it made.

OMGosh Whippet! I can just imagine now a kirin tiny enough to fly on those wings-flitting from flower to flower spreading pollen and getting it all over his little hooves! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Maria
              Participant

It’s listed… I bet it’ll have a bid soon. People seem to be spending money again.

Thanks GB…it does!

sorry i am so late on this. gorgeous! beautiful! wow! you are creative! ๐Ÿ™‚

she’s very pretty. I’d actually emailed one of the mods about a month ago wanting to do a similar thing with adding some wings I’ve been making, and she said we couldn’t sell them that way, because Pena’s artistic rights start to be blurred with our work, and it’s all a legal mess. (of course, we can keep them for ourselves that way)

so we can’t sell them, is what I understood? Any mods know the legal mumbojumbo well enough to answer for certain?

Jennifer
                Keymaster

keeproftheflocks wrote:

she’s very pretty. I’d actually emailed one of the mods about a month ago wanting to do a similar thing with adding some wings I’ve been making, and she said we couldn’t sell them that way, because Pena’s artistic rights start to be blurred with our work, and it’s all a legal mess. (of course, we can keep them for ourselves that way)

so we can’t sell them, is what I understood? Any mods know the legal mumbojumbo well enough to answer for certain?

Your best bet for a clear answer is to ask John directly. John@windstoneeditions.com ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Quote:

I think I had this discussion with our copyright attorney and we decided that it is
                  alright to add stuff like wings to the PYOs. It is implied when you purchase them
                  that you are going to decorate them. When it gets weird is when the basic sculpture
                  is modified and my argument is that resculpting the piece is not the same as adding
                  decoration. Alan said he would research the case law on this and I haven’t heard
                  back from him but I think we are OK with wings and other added decorations.

John

I asked John, and here is his answer…we’re good, we can do wings. Yay!

Kyrin

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.