fbpx

Eye color question

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Eye color question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Opinions please?

In the pics below, what eye colors do these two babies have, especially the eyes on the white/black uni? I’m *thinking* the one on the left is the light brown, but it almost looks lighter than that? As for the other, when I put him in direct sunlight, they look almost metallic silver–a little less blue/more grey even than the second pic. In shade (like the top pic), and mostly indoors, they a lot more like a light slate blue. Are these the ones listed as “grey” above the metallics in the eye chart, or something else? I REALLY want that look for a PYO or two, especially my next wolf…whenever they’re available again. LOL

Photobucket

IMG_1992_4x6-1

(1st 2 pics mine, third is Hannah’s as I haven’t take a close up of that one yet)

Thoughts? When I look at the PYOs, it appears not all colors are available for all PYOs, at least according to the drop downs. If they’re not available in a given size through Windstone, any specific vendor you’d recommend for specifically metallic silver/grey eyes?

Amy
    Participant

Looks like metallic gold and metallic silver to me

Blight
      Participant

Yeah, I’d say metallic gold and silver too πŸ™‚

See, thats what I’d call both colors as well–but what am I missing here? Are these just not available through Windstone for PYOs, and only used on certain LP sculpts? I’m not seeing either of those listed in the eye color chart or the drop downs on the PYO ordering pages. I certainly don’t mind ordering equivalents elsewhere…just kind of confused.

Or maybe I just need more caffeine? πŸ˜€

Hannah
        Participant

Can you tell if the gold/yellow eyes are metallic or not, Jolie? I THINK they are the same metallic beige that are in the Peach Poads, but its possible they are the new metallic light yellow. The Zebra has metallic silver eyes πŸ™‚ They definitely do look almost steel grey in person though! Not quite silver in the traditional sense.

In any case, all of these colors are not available as PYO eyes (yet, or ever, I’m not sure if they are planning on changing that selection!). If you are looking for PYO glass eyes, I get some beautiful Metallic Silver and Metallic Gold eyes from this company very regularly:

http://www.tohickonglasseyes.com/shopproductdetail.asp?prodID=53&catID=1
          (that link should take you directly to the page that has the correct type of eyes you’ll want to order for PYOs)

I hear they have been slow to ship orders lately, so I would order at least 2 weeks in advance of you needing them. I’ve never had to wait longer than that for production eyes from them, and they are worth the wait! πŸ™‚

Just as a reminder, here are the sizes for PYO eyes:

Winged Wolf: 4mm
          Phoenix, Unicorn: 6mm
          Kirin, Small Dragon: 8mm
          Keeper: 11mm

Hope this helps! πŸ™‚

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

that yellow color is commonly called straw on the PYOs, they aren’t available in metallics on the PYOs, just metallic teal and metallic periwinkle.

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Now it makes sense–I really thought I was simply not seeing something on that chart. The need isn’t immediate, so I have time to order a few of each size to have on hand. Might as well anyway, since whenever I order a PYO, I feel like I’ve picked the wrong color eyes and gems every time! LOL

Thanks all, this really does help. And Hannah, I’ll check on whether the brownish/goldish eyes are metallic in a bit & edit this post. I haven’t looked closely enough yet, but I think they might be; the metallics just look like they have more depth to them somehow.
            Edit–definitely metallic. They’re bit warmer in tone and a touch darker gold than the “light yellow” that I’ve got on my PYO wolf & griffin. I might try some macros of both eyes later if I have time, they’re really pretty. And I’ll be interested to compare them to the shades Tohickon has–their gold in that link is a brighter shade than what I’m seeing on this uni. The silver looks like it should be a pretty good match.

Pam

You have metallic silver and what looks to be the color I call metallic tan. The others are correct, these two colors are not available on PYO’s. We have a limited supply of metallic silver and tan paint, so we have only been making metallic silver and tan eyes in small batches for special editions and ebay items.

You have metallic silver and what looks to be the color I call metallic tan. The others are correct, these two colors are not available on PYO’s. We have a limited supply of metallic silver and tan paint, so we have only been making metallic silver and tan eyes in small batches for special editions and ebay items.

Thanks, Pam, that’s very helpful to know! I completely understand why you’d need to reserve them for more limited pieces. I was just puzzled as heck and figured I was missing something obvious.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.