fbpx

Ever thought about doing a baby spectral?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Ever thought about doing a baby spectral?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Its very nice. Im just waiting for a special color. Your website is Sweeeet.

Thanks. 😀 I did it myself with some Yahoo software. It was free when I got the domain name through them. Easy to do. And easy to change, so I can keep it up to date. I think working on the Web site is almost as addicting as the Windstones themselves.

There was another thread that Melody said she was thinking about doing a Cockatrice. My husband sculpted a Cockatrice Fossil that’s on the Web site. I wonder what Melody’s will look like.

Skigod377
      Participant

I will have to Google that…

Maria
        Participant

A cockatrice is another name for the basilisk.
          The pic isn’t as I imagine my namesake. I’m still working on a personal rendition that I’ll put in my signature.

WolfenMachine
          Participant

There was a basalisk in the first Harry Potter movie too, wasn’t there? (or at least the second movie)

SPark
            Participant

It was in the second one. *nodnods* A kinda not-quite-traditional version of one though.

Maria
              Participant

Didn’t they call that snake thing a basilisk? In my opinion, that critter was more of a dipsa, since I don’t think it had wings or legs. But I don’t remember it very well. Did it have horns? Then they should have called it a cerastes. But a basilisk can be just about anything, so I guess that rendition was artistic freedom.

SPark
                Participant

It was a basilisk based mostly on the paralysis/turning to stone ability, I believe, rather than appearance, as it just looked like a giant snake, both in the movie and in the book’s description.

Skigod377
                  Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

A cockatrice is another name for the basilisk.
                    The pic isn’t as I imagine my namesake. I’m still working on a personal rendition that I’ll put in my signature.

Thanks!

Maria
                    Participant

In that case Rowling just left out the interesting details in appearance. Probably made it easier to animate too. Thanks, SPark.

to me a basilisk or cockatrice should look like this:

but the harry potter one looked like this:

it was like a big snake with horns and more lizardy head

Skigod377
                      Participant

ruffian wrote:

That has got to be the ugliest animal I have ever seen. It looks like a deformed chicken.

They were said to be created when a rooster layed an egg and the egg was hatched by a snake after a huge number of years or somehting like that I cant quite remember the whole thing.

In that pic you can really see where the idea for a Cockrice came from though…that looks just like many dinosaurs!

I mean look at this thing!

If you were a medival man plowing in your fields and you found that…wouldn’t you assume it was a giant snake chicken too? *giggles*

Skigod377
                        Participant

Wow, thats cool.

Jodi
                          Participant

Here’s my husband’s version. He went with the chicken-lizard-snake combo idea.

http://www.emeraldsemporium.com/images/Cockatrice_Upright_2.JPG

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.