fbpx

Europe trip

Home Forums Miscellany Community Europe trip

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

See I knew if I asked, help would be provided. Looks like I just need an adapter and I’m good to go.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Gremlin1
      Participant

When I went I really loved the Louvre and the Centre Pompideu in Paris. If you’re spending any time in Florence, you’ll want to hit the open air market, that was amazing! Rome was the Spanich Steps, the Sisteen Chapel and Vatican city. (If you go there, the ladies have to wear knee length or longer pants or skirts, you can’t get in otherwise.) Also any ruins you can easily get to in day trips! Coliseums, the old senate, and, believe it or not, cathedrals… Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, Orvietto… a LOT of history there.

Bonnie
        Participant

So I gots a few questions. ๐Ÿ™‚ I will be bringing my iPad 2 and kindle touch w/ me and I need to know about power adapters. What do I need to buy to recharge my toys? Does anyone have suggestions about what works and what does not. I do not want to fry my entertainment. I do not want to bring my lap top, as it’s bulky and the iPad will do wifi if I need to get online–love my iPad btw. Any and all advice is welcome.

Does anyone have any suggestions about cell phones? Are they needed? What is the best option(s)

Thanks all

Look at the power supplyinformation. It should say something like 110-240. This means that it is multi-regional, or dual voltage. All you will need is a little plug adapter and then you can plug it directly into the wall. (we have kindle, as well as ipod-touch…all are multi-regional).

Adapter info:
          You will see slots where you plug your item in to one side (like an extension cord), and the other end will have different pins than our American plugs~ All the EU countries I have been to use the plug that have twin round pins.
          I would just get the basic one, but there are multi-region adapters out there, just google it ๐Ÿ™‚

Same goes for laptops, and you can charge the Kindle and Ipad off that, if you decide to take it. You will NOT need a power converter. Please do not buy one >.<

Cell phone… I do not own one ๐Ÿ™‚

The alabaster cliffs of Normandy are beautiful, and there is an EXCELLENT traditional crepe restaurant right there on the beach… I HIGHLY recommend the caramel and salted butter dessert crepe, Naughtilicious!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a great trip!!!

Setsunawolf
          Participant

Thanks! Last time I was in England was 2000, and that was pre cellphone. The kindle will save baggage space as I am a voracious reader….in-between semesters when I’m not reading essays. The iPad will get me Internet/ wifi access, w/o having to lug the laptop around.

Now all I have to do check the battery charger for the digital camera.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bonnie
            Participant

lol, np.
              There are AC Adapters out there that have multi regional outputs, too… so if yours is not dual voltage, then you certainly can get one that is. They were a great help when we first got to Europe and couldn’t charge our gadgets, haha.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.