fbpx

ER the series

Home Forums Miscellany Community ER the series

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Well, after 15 years the final episode is tonight. It’s funny – through the years a lot of series have jumped the shark for me and I stopped watching before the end. The Cosby Show, Frasier, Mad about You and Seinfeld were all shows I gave up on before the end but for some reason I just could never give up on ER. I came really, really close when they dropped the helicopter on Romano’s head but, no, got sucked right back in. I don’t even really like most of the staff any more. The first show of the season I was hoping that they would kill Sam off but no, she got to live. I can’t stand Sam’s character – plus any nurse that contradicted the doctors 1/10th as much as she does would have gotten fired a long time ago in a real hospital. Some of the shows this season were actually really good – I particularly liked the one with Anthony Edwards. I’ve still only seen Love’s Labor’s Lost once since it was so traumatizing. That’s the one where his character misdiagnosis a pregnant woman and she ends up dying of DIC at the end of the episode.

I’m going to miss it. Anyone else still watching ER? Hate it? Favorite episode? Favorite doctor? I think my all time favorite scene was when Dr. Ross realized the kid he was treating had been kicked by the father and he storms out and punches the guy. I was cheering the whole time. (I know, violence is never the answer but it was so satisfying.)

Pegasi1978
    Participant

ER is one of those I come and go from. I watched it for a while, then some other show or life conflicted with it so I couldn’t watch it. I would occasionally find time to catch re-runs and get caught up in the series again until something else would get in the way. I haven’t seen anything at all this season. I do however plan on watching the final episode tonight.

Barbara
      Participant

I’m still watching. Looking over the list of actors and actresses that have been on the show is amazing. The way they brought back Anthony Edwards and others has been great. Noah Wylie’s need for a transplant was excellent pick up of his back story. There are still some scene branded in my mind. For the most part, its been a great ride!

I used to watch it regularly then I drifted out, not sure why but maybe school just made it harder to watch any tv regularly, and then I somehow got into it and watched it right until the end! I loved having the actress who plays Neela on there (I’m having a brain freeze, can’t remember her name but I adored her in Bend It Like Beckham!) even though her character was pretty spoiled and often sulky about not getting her way and ohh noo, two hot men for her to choose from, the horror! LOL

I always enjoyed John Carter and I was thrilled he came back for so many episodes at the end! 🙂

I like the actress that played Neela as well although it took awhile for me to understand everything she was saying! And I’m glad they brought Carter back as well – he was always one of my favorites along with Green and Ross.

And I thought they did a good job with the last episode – it reminded me a lot of the first episode. What I remember about it, anyway, after 15 years! But they said that was intentional. I’m glad ER went out on a high note – so often the last episode of a show is disappointing.

ddvm wrote:

I like the actress that played Neela as well although it took awhile for me to understand everything she was saying! And I’m glad they brought Carter back as well – he was always one of my favorites along with Green and Ross.

And I thought they did a good job with the last episode – it reminded me a lot of the first episode. What I remember about it, anyway, after 15 years! But they said that was intentional. I’m glad ER went out on a high note – so often the last episode of a show is disappointing.

I honestly cannot remember a single thing about the first episode :X

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.