fbpx

Ending Commissions

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Ending Commissions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

AS much as I would love to continue, apparently I can’t handle commissions so after I finish the ones I’m doing, I won’t be accepting any more. I’m pretty screwed after what I’ve put whippet through and I sincerely apologize.

=/

Please don’t hate me.

drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Quill, I don’t know what happened, but you do such beautiful work. Please don’t give up!

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

drag0nfeathers what happened was I have been waiting for my half of our trade since before christmas and I was kinda upset. But she is making things right now. So I am okay! I would do business with her again.
      Quill you are a wonderful artist and I hope you start with commmissions as soon as you feel comfortable again. I would definatly make a second order!

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I see, I understand, but I still think you shouldn’t just give up Quill. At the very least maybe sell someone ebay or somthing until you are comfortable to do comissions again. We all love you.

Got a busted Windstone?
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Tattoo Mother Kirin

SPark
        Participant

*hugs Quill* Commission work really isn’t for everybody. (I don’t take drawing commissions any more because I can’t handle it. Although for some reason I’m fine with painting commissions and of course sewing commissions…) Some people are just better when they work at their own pace, rather than having to work to a customer’s schedule. That’s how I am with drawing. I let a friend talk me into agreeing to draw her a commmission piece, and, well… guess she’s regretting talking me into it, because it’s been about six months and it’s still not done.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Yea, I’d never want to take drawing comissions. Sometimes I go through months where I just can’t seem to draw anything. Then sometimes I amaze myself, but I don’t even remember the last time that happened, LOL

Got a busted Windstone?
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Tattoo Mother Kirin

I FINALLY GOT A NEW AIR COMPRESSOR!

^_^

When I finally get the commissions done that I have right now, I -might- start taking them again… depending on what kind of interest I get ><

Thanks to those of you waiting… your patience means a LOT to me.

siberakh1
            Participant

Hurray! Glad you are back… maybe? 8)

siberakh1 wrote:

Hurray! Glad you are back… maybe? 8)

Thank you!

I hope my extreme delay in commissions hasn’t completely annihilated my reputation =(

siberakh1
              Participant

I don’t think so. There are quite a few new members now too who haven’t really seen your art, so I think you’ll be alright. I’ve been slow on getting on the commission bandwagon myself, thanks to family issues, but they went on hiatus last month, so I’m pretty caught up to do painting and fun stuffs now. It’s a good feeling ๐Ÿ™‚

siberakh1 wrote:

It’s a good feeling ๐Ÿ™‚

Tell me about it! I’m so happy I’m finally able to not waste people’s money ><;

Hope your family stuff is going okay now.

siberakh1
                Participant

It is what it is. I just got stuck with the legal paperwork, because I’m the writer of the family ๐Ÿ˜• No pressure at all. My brother is getting the help he needs now and doesn’t have to deal with the crap he had to, for a time at least. He won’t be home for 6-9 months (at least), so I’m getting a very nice breather and it is helping everyone!

keschete
                  Participant

I am not an artist, but I do create brochures and publications on the side. I have spent the last 3 months working on a brochure for a medical conference. Changes, confusion, etc…all for free. I can tell you…it is much easier when I am not on a time schedule. I was so frustrated by the time I finished…. and I still have letters to mail out, agendas to print, and 350+ CD’s of conference material to finish before September.

I sympathize with how you have been feeling. I am ready to quit now, but I offered to do it. Next time, I am gonna charge for my services…..they saved at least a $1000.00 by having me do all the work for free.

It is so easy to take on more than you can chew and not realize it. I am sure forum members realize that. If I was you, thoough, I would do what I wanted and what pleased me and then put it on ebay.

That way you aren’t pressured and you can do the art hat inspires you. I bet your artwork is better and brings you more happiness and even more profit when you do items that make you happy.

Look at Purplecat..and TF Sculptures and the many others. They are doing fantastic work and then letting people decide on ebay or here…what a piece is worth.

Good luck!!! Hope to see some of your pieces….

Thanks for the advice, keschete =) I think that might be an easier way to go about it. A lot less stress, anyway!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.