fbpx

Emerald's Evergreen Griffin

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Emerald's Evergreen Griffin

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

Jodi
      Participant

Here’s the one I just finished. I’ve also got a yellow fire griffin on the table. It’s just waiting for antiquing, interference paint, and a top coat.

Here is the Evergreen Griffin. He blends from grey on his beak and claws into black, then into green on his wings. He’s antiqued in the non-black areas, and has green and blue interference paint.

Adaneth
        Participant

Very nice! I like him! πŸ™‚

I like the blending of green on the wings…. stands out… πŸ˜€ For some reason I’m not so hot on the grey though… I think it’s just personal taste, nothing against your painting skill. But I REALLY like the black blending to the green!

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

I really like the wings. He reminds me of the cool, dark woods πŸ™‚ . What color are his eyes?

Jodi
            Participant

His eyes are grey, which is why I did the grey part. It looks really cool in person. The camera made it stand out more than it really does. I think my camera is better for scenery shots than for close ups. I’m going to see if my hubby can get a few pics with his Cannon Rebel, to see if they come out better for the color.

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

Photographing PYOs is not an easy task. I usually have to take dozens of shots to get only a few decent ones πŸ™„ .

twindragonsmum
                Participant

The blending is great! I’m not very good at it…

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

lamortefille
                  Participant

I like him a lot, esp. the wings!

Stephanie
                    Participant

Beautiful!

dragonmedley
                      Participant

Yup, them wings really draw the eye! Green and black go so well together.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jodi
                        Participant

Thanks, everyone.

Maria
                          Participant

Very nice, emerald. Ditto the compliments on the wings.

Oooooh Em! This guys is so pretty! You did a GREAT job on him! πŸ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.