fbpx

Emerald Peacock changes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Emerald Peacock changes?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rachelled
    Participant

I was just wondering, did the Emerald Peacock colour used to have more violet in it?

For example, this photo there appears to be actual purple:

Or, do they have violet in them currently, and it just doesn’t show in the photos??

Skylover
      Participant

Yes. The earliest batches of emerald peacock dragons had the bright “intense” violet. The color changed soon after it was released and bright violet color was replaced with a bluish-purple color.

rachelled
        Participant

Ahh, neat, thanks! I was confused because I was Googling images of the EP line and getting a handful of photos that were labeled the same, but had definite purples in them.

Bullsquid
          Participant

There were even limited runs made with extra purple, called Intense Violet Emerald Peacock. You see these “IVEPs” go for sale occasionally.

Another factor that might make some emerald peacocks look different from each other in pictures is the fact that purple so often tends to disappear into blue in photos, depending on the lighting.

etruscan
            Participant

There’s an Emerald Peacock Mother Dragon on ebay now that has “1 of 10” written on the pad (or so the description says). You can’t tell from the photos but I’m wondering whether she is Intense Violet Emerald Peacock.

Prezaurian
              Participant

The added in violet colors really oomph this paint scheme on the male. I like it so much more than what currently is available. The best Emerald Peacock application is the mother dragon in my opinion.

Melody
                Keymaster

I was just wondering, did the Emerald Peacock colour used to have more violet in it?

For example, this photo there appears to be actual purple:

Or, do they have violet in them currently, and it just doesn’t show in the photos??

Yes, the first batch of these were painted with brighter violet. We felt it was a little much, so the violet color got tamped down a bit in later ones. We sold the few that were “intense” on ebay.

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

It’s a shame it got taken away-I loved the “purple” over the “violet”

Scathach
                    Participant

There’s an Emerald Peacock Mother Dragon on ebay now that has “1 of 10” written on the pad (or so the description says). You can’t tell from the photos but I’m wondering whether she is Intense Violet Emerald Peacock.

I have had experience with this seller. PM me if you would like some information that might help you make an informed decision.

**Edit** I see it’s been sold.

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
                      Participant

I have had experience with this seller. PM me if you would like some information that might help you make an informed decision.

**Edit** I see it’s been sold.

Thanks – I was just curious about the dragon since I knew that 10 IVEP mother dragons were sold a few years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.