El Unicorno Plateado Negro – The Silvery Black Unicorns

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone El Unicorno Plateado Negro – The Silvery Black Unicorns

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

ZOOOMG, THEY ARE SO HAWT LOOKING !!

Those metallic silver eyes (which actually look greyish blue in the store photos) look really awesome on the Silvery Black Unicorns. It will be real interesting to see what they look like in person.

Although I do kind of wish that you had used a chain/gemstone color that popped a bit more, I know that the white crystals will flash nicely in the right lighting. I just happen to be one of those that likes a splash of color. I could so imagine the chain in a light or medium (purple, green, turquoise, etc.) with a dark (purple, green, turquoise, etc.) crystal.

Gosh, we are all so different with our tastes huh?

Although I wrote in another thread when we were discussing new Unicorn colors that I probably would not purchase any Bright White Unicorns, since I already own the off white Unicorns, I did not mention a thing about the Silvery Black Unicorns. I ADORE silver and black.

When I discovered them in the store, I agonized for two days over the decision and ultimately failed the, ‘wants vs needs’ responsibility test.

Please stop making awesome things. jk

Just curious, I noticed that there was no formal announcement in the folders anywhere mentioning the release of the new Silvery Black Unicorns. Hmmm, now that I think on it, I do not think that I saw an announcement for the new Bright White Unicorns either. Was that just an oversight? Although I did not wish to purchase the Bright White Unicorns, I sure would have gawked over the new coloring.

I ask because I have a habit of checking the forums first for announcements, not the actual store. Probably because there have been a lot of ‘new’ releases this year, so I do not count on the main page showing me everything.

Fortunately, or in the case of my bank balance, unfortunately, I did actually check the store and saw that the Silvery Black Unicorns were making their debut. I am actually kind of stunned that the Grand Unicorns were still available for purchasing.

I realize that this will be probably be a really tough question to answer, but I can not resist asking. How long do you think that you all will be producing the new Bright White and Silvery Black Unicorn families? I have yet to purchase one of your new ‘wee one’ begging Unicorn molds and I would love to see what this fella looks like in person.

Thanks bunches for the awesome release, I think.

~Hoofer

WolfenMachine
    Participant

I’m delighted there are new black unicorns if only so I can FINALLY have a black grand to complete my “retired black” family. Personally though, I find the black unicorns VERY boring. I wish they had a different gem, a different eye color (blue) and a little interest in the way of leg markings or facial markings. I do LOVE the silver details though! I love the silver horns all of the unicorns have had recently. Nice change. I also wish the grand unicorn specifically was standing on…snow? Something white and shimmery with hints of blue. Maybe a seasonal winter special that he’s standing on snow? Change to earth in the spring? That’s just me though. “You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.” I won’t be buying any of the new blacks except for the Grand…when I get a job again -_-

Kim
      Blocked

I think the new black unicorns are awesome too! I don’t think I saw an announcement for them on the forum although I think I got emails showing new pieces were in the store. The only problem is that now all my announcements from Windstone go in one of my other folders in gmail so I don’t always see them now as they used to go in the main inbox. I am not sure what changed.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Sikek
        Participant

Oh I love mine as if they were grab bags!
          They’re exactly what I was hoping for right down to the eye and gem colour πŸ˜€
          I just recieved my colt today

photo IMG_0481_zps808268aa.jpg

They are so perfect!

Erika
          Participant

I think they’re beautiful. Would have liked colored gems, but that’s minor. Love the eye color. I hope I can get one soon! I also think the grand looks neat on the brown, the silver and brown look interesting to me.

Thank you guys for making them!

I want one to show off at work, hurr!

Melody
            Keymaster

Those metallic silver eyes (which actually look greyish blue in the store photos) look really awesome on the Silvery Black Unicorns. It will be real interesting to see what they look like in person.

Although I do kind of wish that you had used a chain/gemstone color that popped a bit more, I know that the white crystals will flash nicely in the right lighting. I just happen to be one of those that likes a splash of color. I could so imagine the chain in a light or medium (purple, green, turquoise, etc.) with a dark (purple, green, turquoise, etc.) crystal.

Gosh, we are all so different with our tastes huh?

Although I wrote in another thread when we were discussing new Unicorn colors that I probably would not purchase any Bright White Unicorns, since I already own the off white Unicorns, I did not mention a thing about the Silvery Black Unicorns. I ADORE silver and black.

When I discovered them in the store, I agonized for two days over the decision and ultimately failed the, ‘wants vs needs’ responsibility test.

Please stop making awesome things. jk

Just curious, I noticed that there was no formal announcement in the folders anywhere mentioning the release of the new Silvery Black Unicorns. Hmmm, now that I think on it, I do not think that I saw an announcement for the new Bright White Unicorns either. Was that just an oversight? Although I did not wish to purchase the Bright White Unicorns, I sure would have gawked over the new coloring.

I ask because I have a habit of checking the forums first for announcements, not the actual store. Probably because there have been a lot of ‘new’ releases this year, so I do not count on the main page showing me everything.

Fortunately, or in the case of my bank balance, unfortunately, I did actually check the store and saw that the Silvery Black Unicorns were making their debut. I am actually kind of stunned that the Grand Unicorns were still available for purchasing.

I realize that this will be probably be a really tough question to answer, but I can not resist asking. How long do you think that you all will be producing the new Bright White and Silvery Black Unicorn families? I have yet to purchase one of your new ‘wee one’ begging Unicorn molds and I would love to see what this fella looks like in person.

Thanks bunches for the awesome release, I think.

~Hoofer

Don’t panic, we plan to make unicorns in Jet Black and Snow White for a while. They are regular production.

fatalbeauty
              Participant

I’ve been eyeballing the grands but not enough money right now! I will have one someday though….

4 things I'm looking for:
                1. Mother Meerkat
                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

etruscan
                Participant

Don’t judge these guys by the photos. πŸ™‚ I have the Grand, Mother and Baby unicorns in Jet Black and they are GORGEOUS!

The unicorn colt in Snow White is lovely too (and I usually don’t like blue eyes). He is a great “little brother” for Bodine’s “Peacock” unicorn. She looks like a teenager-with-tattoos version of the Snow White unicorns. I am considering getting a Snow White Male unicorn to play the role of her disapproving father. πŸ˜‰

Participant

Don’t judge these guys by the photos. πŸ™‚ I have the Grand, Mother and Baby unicorns in Jet Black and they are GORGEOUS!

The unicorn colt in Snow White is lovely too (and I usually don’t like blue eyes). He is a great “little brother” for Bodine’s “Peacock” unicorn. She looks like a teenager-with-tattoos version of the Snow White unicorns. I am considering getting a Snow White Male unicorn to play the role of her disapproving father. πŸ˜‰

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the Black Grand?

From the photo in the shop the hooves looked way too light silver for my taste. Also, like others said, colored jewels would have been a plus. I also know though, seeing Windstones in real lighting conditions can really change your like/dislike for a particular color scheme.

etruscan
                    Participant

Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the Black Grand?

From the photo in the shop the hooves looked way too light silver for my taste. Also, like others said, colored jewels would have been a plus. I also know though, seeing Windstones in real lighting conditions can really change your like/dislike for a particular color scheme.

I can try taking photos outside, though it will be some time after Thanksgiving so maybe somebody else wants to post some sooner.

Sikek
                      Participant

I don’t have the grand, but from the colt and baby unicorn, I personally found the hooves are not as light/contrasting as they seem in the store photo. It could be a matter of the lighting I’m viewing them in too of course.

etruscan
                        Participant

I don’t have the grand, but from the colt and baby unicorn, I personally found the hooves are not as light/contrasting as they seem in the store photo. It could be a matter of the lighting I’m viewing them in too of course.

I agree – I think the lighting in the store photos makes the hooves seem more silvery than they actually are.

Lokie
                          Participant

Add me to the choir of those who like the new color. I got a Jet black colt (never bought one of the GBs so it was my first colt- much smaller than I thought, but detailed and adorable!) and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. Not sure how I’d feel about that much solid black on a larger sculpt, but it was quite nice on the little one. I personally like the clear crystal; it keeps the color scheme more neutral.

Don’t panic, we plan to make unicorns in Jet Black and Snow White for a while. They are regular production.

Ha ha, I didn’t panic, I purchased!

Soooo, any idea on an ETA for the Silvery Black Young to make its appearance?

I would have sprung for the whole family, since credit allows me to pay for them at my leisure throughout the upcoming year, but the new Colt and Baby mold were already sold out and the Young hasn’t made its debut yet.

And yeah, my inner voice stated/asked, “What the heck do I have all that great credit for?” And also, “They tell me that I have to use it or they’ll close my accounts.” Yay for internal conflicting logic and a great credit record!

~Hoofer

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.