fbpx

Editing original message post

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Editing original message post

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SilverDragon
    Participant

I can’t find how to edit your own message that you have created (for the title and starting message). Am I looking in the wrong area? Lol, it’s not where it used to be.

Edit: what’s weird is that I see the “edit” option on this post, but one that I created back on Dec. 18th, it’s not there. Is it because it’s older? Like there is a time limit to edit?

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
      Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

GardenNinja
      Participant

Yep, there is now a time limit after the website software switch. I think it is 5 minutes.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

SilverDragon
        Participant

Wow! So, if I try to use my original message thread regarding the pyos I do, I won’t be able to edit the title?

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
          Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

GardenNinja
          Participant

I haven’t ever tried to edit a title, nor have I seen anyone else comment on it. But since nobody else has changed their PYO thread title since, I think that is the case.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

bayoudragon
            Participant

Can this feature be added? I used to keep the PYO eye and gem size thread updated for everyone but can’t now. I’m guessing you can’t edit your info on the PYO commission thread either (which is why I hadn’t added mine yet… LOL). 🙂

Jennifer
              Keymaster

No; we can not make things indefinitely edit-able. The fact that our prior version of the forum allowed it was not intended. Most modern forum software has time limits on editing old posts. I think I can increase it a bit.
                Edit: I’ve increased edit times to 30 minutes.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                Keymaster

If anyone needs infrequent edits to their posts/titles, they are welcome to ask me to do it. I just humbly request that you don’t ask more than a few times a month if possible, I’ve been very busy.
                  If you need such an edit, send me a message with a link to the post in question, and your requested edit(s).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.