fbpx

Ebay Young Unicorn with Damaged Horn

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Ebay Young Unicorn with Damaged Horn

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Blocked

I have read a few repair threads on unicorns and horns but thought I would post this anyway to get people’s opinions. I won a black young unicorn off ebay and it said it was in good condition. I messaged the seller about how I wanted it shipped and after telling me she had sent other Windstones in bubble envelopes placed in a box I insisted on proper packaging for this one and she agreed. I did ask in one message if it had any damage and she didn’t answer that part of the message but from the pictures it looked fine. So I took my chances as I liked the price.

Anyway it arrived recently in a huge box, nicely double boxed like I asked so it had no damage in shipping luckily. But then I realized it had a few issues with some scrapes on the back and a couple spots where it looked like the paint rubbed off. I was a little disappointed but at least saw no evidence or chips or breaks or anything. Then I noticed the horn was bent a little, curved over and a bit loose so I examined it closer and noticed on the underside the gold plating was all chipped off around where it was bent. Now I don’t mind touching up paint spots on a unicorn but fixing the horn would be another issue. I was even more disappointed when I saw that.

I have a gold leaf pen which I used before to touch up a baby unicorn’s horn but the colour was visibly different than the gold plating so I wonder if there is something else that is a better match? I just messaged the seller pointing out the problem and asking why there was no damage listed. Now I don’t know if it’s worth asking for a partial refund as it was $40 but does anyone know if there is any way to straighten the horn without removing it? Or how would I touch the horn up or get it out if I needed to? Or would Windstone still have replacement horns does anyone know? Here are some pics.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Angelika_Zen
      Participant

If the item is not as described in the ebay listing, you may also consider a refund or partial refund….also you probably should have insisted on an answer to your question about whether there was any damage. Just because they didnt answer you, shouldnt make it just go away. I would have asked until i got an answer, or i wouldnt have placed a bid….good condition is vague, imo, and means different things to different people. If you are not comfortable fixing that horn, i would contact the seller about a refund…but thats me.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Bodine
        Participant

The bottled liquid gold is really close to match.Sorry that happened to you.If you don’t want it though contact me please.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Christine
          Participant

I’ve done horn pulls on a few pieces. Young Unis are not too bad.

Susie is wonderful about sending replacement horns, if there are extras around. If you end up deciding to keep the Uni, it’s a doable repair.

Melody
            Keymaster

We can send you a new horn if it is already loose and you can get it out! The problem is usually getting a horn out, without breaking it, or the head. They are really stuck in there.
              Luckily the young unicorn horns are the easiest to get out.

Kim
              Blocked

The horn does feel loose enough that I can probably get it out. Thanks for offering a replacement horn Melody. I will see if I can get it out and message Susie about that.

Kim
                Blocked

So I messaged the seller about it and was nice but since we have messaged back and fourth a few times I have grown a bit frustrated. She claimed there was no damage on the unicorn and then when I showed her my pics she said the listing said it was used even though in the description it said it was in good condition and there was no mention of damage. I went back and looked at the photos on the listing zoomed in to see if I could spot the damage and realized it did not look like there was any damage when the photos were taken as the horn looked fine. So then I told her that the pictures did not show any damage so I did in fact receive the unicorn in a different condition than it was described. I asked for a partial refund ($10) just to cover a bit of time in having to fix it and she refused.

She demanded that I return it and I said I wouldn’t have bought it if I thought I would have to ship it back and did not have the money to spend on shipping or time to ship it back. Well then she told me to ship it and she would pay me for the shipping back. I asked why she would offer to pay $20 in shipping when she could have just refunded $10. So then she said she sold it for way under value and wanted it back. Sounds like sellers remorse if that is even possible? I asked her why she would want a damaged unicorn back when she would have to spend more time and money fixing it than it was worth. I also pointed out the horn must have been damaged sometime after the photos were taken and she said she did not think that it would have been damaged in shipping. I agreed that it looked like it was maybe banged or bent before it was shipped as that did not look like new damage and there was no evidence of chips of gold plating in the box. I told her if she wouldn’t send a partial refund that was fine and I would cut my loss and keep it anyway. But then she asked me again to return it or file a claim. I am not used to a seller wanting me to do that but that is my choice right? If I don’t want to ship it back, I shouldn’t have to. I said I preferred to keep it and fix it myself. So this was a weird transaction but hopefully she just leaves it at that. I am not sure how I feel now about what feedback to give her.

Heather
                  Participant

What seller was this? I buy a lot off ebay and want to avoid that one! I recently bought the brown mother dragon with the chipped tail who is also posted in the repair forum. She looked perfect in the photos and arrived with the chips out of the tail (but nothing in the box as far as pieces of the tail so obviously went in the box like that). Seller denied this but did offer to either refund half of my money and shipping and I could keep it or refund everything if I wanted to send it back. I decided it was worth keeping for what I would have in it after a 50% refund. I also received a white male unicorn recently that was poorly packaged and the tail and hind legs broke off during shipping and were in the packaging. The seller refunded all of my money for that one. I may post him soon but he might be beyond repair. Ebay has a lot of good deals but you can definitely get burned too! They will generally side with buyers if you make a claim so never be afraid to get them involved if you’re dealing with an uncooperative seller.

Kim
                    Blocked

Hmcarr10 I don’t think they are selling anymore but I will message you. Another member here pointed out they noticed the seller had had the same listing posted about a month before with the same pictures and it looks like that was sold so I am not sure if the seller had two black young unicorns and maybe the pictures were of the other one or maybe they didn’t sell the first one if a buyer backed out and then relisted it. I don’t know but if it was pictures of another one, that could make sense that mine looked different. Sorry to hear about your troubles too. I hope if you get more in the future that you double check with them on how to ship them carefully double boxed. Looks like in my case even though I was careful about telling them how to pack it, I should have been more careful in getting the exact description.

Susie
                      Keymaster

Just a reminder: To all who are considering buying from a private party (ebay or otherwise) – remember you can check sellers on the Feedback Lists kept by forum members (look for it in for Forum under Community, it should be the first item in there) and remember you can advise the seller on packaging (look in our FAQ, or also in the General Forum titled “Links to Live By” for helpful packing info). I would also request, and pay extra for, shipping insurance. And of course, should you have a problem with a transaction, the names of the parties involved should not be posted on our forum (thank you Kim for keeping that information private!).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.