fbpx

ebay import charges

Home Forums Miscellany Community ebay import charges

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Oooooh… I didn’t even know until it was done. I didn’t want to ship the Foo Dog overseas anyway but a buyer from France or something bought it anyway for a whopping $27.00. A totally painted Mother Foo Dog… if he complains, he got a hell of a steal in the first place. *shrug* Good to know for the future though! After the fees and the shipping I basically sold it for half the cost of a blank foo dog >_< Oh well… win some loose some I guess. Hopefully the buyer knows that he's gonna get whacked with fees. I haven't heard anything yet and I shipped it about 3 weeks ago.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Scathach
      Participant

Thanks Pam.

Sorry drag0n…

Does the tracking show it delivered?

Life is beautiful.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

It was elivered to the facility pretty quick, but the buyer hasn’t gotten it yet, no.

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Pegasi1978
          Participant

I just checked my account and if it was something that had a default option, it must have been set to default off. I haven’t sold anything on my ebay account in a long time (2009) and my account has No next to Offer the Global Shipping Program. Either that or else I chose no for it a long time ago (last time I used my account was September/October of last year.

Scathach
            Participant

I just had to use this service to ship the mother foo dog I sold on ebay. I was not given a choice however.

I know there’s a way out of it. Maybe ask Pam at Windstones?

I recently bought something on eBay and contacted the seller who very kindly took down the listing with global shipping and just charged me usps fees. They actually cancelled the original sale in order to accommodate me and then did a bin just for me. On top of all that, I got the item quickly and in good shape.

I’ll bet it’s a sneaky little box you check off somewhere, but I know it can be done.

Life is beautiful.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

ARGH! Of course… FINALLY sold a Kirin I have been listing for months and it’s got that exact same international shipping service again >_< *sigh* That's what i get for relisting it and not fixing that stupid global shipping option.

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Lokie
                Participant

Thanks for the heads up. I’m going to check my Ebay account preferences and edit it if need be.

moonbeam
                  Participant

Pam, thank you so much for showing where this is hidden. Wow, this thing really is sneaky. No wonder sellers are surprised when I tell them about it.

I wish google, or some other huge monopoly company, would make an auction service to rival ebay. With no real competition, ebay can do whatever it wants.

How true!!
                    A few years ago they had a new rule: If you sell a book you HAVE to offer free shipping! Regardless wether you sell privately or as a company.
                    Sorry? Do I look like Amazon??
                    I mean If I sell a book for 1-2 Euro (most books don´t bring more than that), have to pay a minimum of 1 Euro postage on top of the selling fee ebay gets, then what´s in it for me? I was really wondering who thought up this supid thing.
                    Luckily they took that down a few month later.
                    We have another auction site named hood.de but as far as I know it is not used even half as much as ebay.

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

The only advantage to this is for the seller. I had a friend who was having trouble w/ international sellers claiming they never received the items he had shipped. He had to refund several sales, and they got to keep the item. This service while expensive for buyers protects the seller because eBay knows the item shipped because they did it. But I do agree with everyone else, it is just another way for eBay to make more money off of us.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.