fbpx

Ebay Harrassment

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ebay Harrassment

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    tig3r06
    Participant

Hi guys,

If I’ve overstepped what’s allowed please let me know and remove my post.  I’m not happy about this still happening.

I really hate to have to bring up badgering/harrassment/bullying again, but I hope the user that just harassed me on eBay, reads this.  At least 7 messages within about a minute, demanding I relist my orange hpeg, that had no bids and ended, as an auction again because they wanted it too. After I had already said a few times to them that someone else had messaged me first so it was sold.  I now know for sure it was that same user from here with negative feedback and they were either using a different ebay name than the original I had blocked or using a family/friends account. To that user:  I will not deal with you, you know that, I will always find out, now I know how you’re manipulating the system, and I will keep blocking you.

Zexious
      Participant

Wow, that’s absurd ): I’m so sorry to hear you had this experience. This is a hobby, and should be fun. There’s no need to go around harassing others for a piece. A single message asking if the piece was still available would have been perfectly acceptable, with an “Oh darn! If the sale falls through, don’t hesitate to reach out!” when they had learned it wasn’t.

You’d think we all know basic online etiquette by now v.v

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Hey Tig3r06 – if you are sure who it is, contact John or one of the Moderators. And if that user refuses to stop harassing you, ask that they be banded from this forum. You can also report that eBay’s member name/account(s) on the eBay site.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

tig3r06
          Participant

Thanks for the kind words Zexious!

Ela_hara, I already reported this person on the windstone forum last year about this time so windstone forum is taken care of.

They are using multiple Ebay accounts, I’ve now found out, to keep trying to deal with me.  I made this post so the person knows that I know what they’re doing and others are aware of what’s happening on Ebay with this person if they too don’t deal with this person.  I’m trying to figure out how to report them when they only messaged me, but are using different accounts to get to me after being blocked because they have negative feedback from this site.

etruscan
            Participant

Ebay does have a members-to-members contact policy, which includes the phrase: “We encourage open communication between our members but we don’t allow our members to use these options to send spam, offers to buy or sell off eBay, threats, profanity, or hate speech. ”  I haven’t studied the whole thing, but there must be a way to report problems.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

GardenNinja
              Participant

Another thing: DO NOT DELETE THE MESSAGES. Any EBay staff can see them if you leave them. I suspect there are eBay staff who can retrieve them if they are deleted, but that would probably require escalating the complaint up several levels.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

tig3r06
                Participant

Oh yes!  The messages are saved just like I did before with the emails and forum pm’s.  It’s funny.  Only myself, the buyer of orange shell and the Ebay harasser knew it was sold. This person emailed a forum member asking who I sold the orange shell hpeg to. Hmmm…proof they are that Ebay harasser!

Kim
                  Blocked

I’ve already talked with you Tig3r so sorry to hear that again.  I should make a note though for any newer members on here it appears this is a pretty isolated incident as we aware of two people who have been ones to send multiple messages when asking people about a piece they wanted.  So don’t worry but just be aware.  It’s been explained to them that one polite message is fine inquiring about a piece, but continually messaging someone or harassing them or using other accounts or ebay to message someone, pretending to be a different person is not cool.  We have also discussed on the forum that once a person says a firm no to all offers of trades or sales, to accept it and move on.  It’s okay to ask if someone once to let you know if they ever change their mind and decide to sell or a trade a piece and then leave it at that.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

tig3r06
                    Participant

Yes, I agree with Kim’s comment. There is only 1 person, the person described in this post, that has been an issue for me.  I have heard of only 1 other person in addition to this one.

Everyone else is absolutely fabulous, wonderful and kind 💛  I absolutely love this community, friends I’ve made and new friends to add.  We all have each others backs and will not stand for those 1-2 people who mistreat others.

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

This sort of is a grey area in our rules, flirting at the edge! The Windstone staff (I’m a volunteer now) has in the past of course preferred these things be settled in private… but I can see how this might be impossible to do. I’m not sure if posting this here will change the heart of someone that is clearly intent on bothering you, but I wanted to leave the thread up as others here have chimed in with helpful ways to use eBay to report what’s going on, since it sounds like this is all happening on eBay.

Please note however that if for some reason this thread turns into a quarrel or names are named, I may need to close it! Thanks for understanding, and please be kind to one another <3

I encourage anyone that wishes to get specifics about this situation, since it is occurring off-site, to PM or email one another. Thank you!

I know this doesn't seem to be the case here (?) but just as a reminder, if someone is using the forum as a way to harass you or anyone else, let us know as that's not tolerated. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Susie
                        Keymaster

Please email your experience to the keeper of the Feedback List, and as a reminder to everyone else, USE that feedback list before doing business with another person.  Here’s a link to the feedback lists (which are not a part of Windstone Editions):  https://windstoneeditions.com/topic/feedback-lists-2/

tig3r06
                          Participant

I completely understand and I won’t be upset if for any reason you need to remove the post. Thank you so much Jennifer!  I will not put names and I would hope no quarrel would start, please delete the post if it does.  I feel you are correct about it not changing their ways, but I had to let it be known what they’re doing.  Had they not contacted a forum member on windstone that knows me about my item being sold I would not have even put the situation here as it is happening on ebay.  It was a tough decision to post and I did get another forum members advice before posting.

Thank you again!  💛

tig3r06
                            Participant

Thank you Susie!  I did pm the keeper of feedbacks also 😊  I’m not sure if ebay counts, but we will see.  It’s good to repost for others as a reminder also though.

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

As an FYI – I have seen eBay experience issues noted on some of the Negative Feedback listings as well, so the keeper of the feedback lists may include your bad experiences – especially since you’ve had several from the same person… Good Luck!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.