fbpx

Ebay Buying/Selling Issues

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ebay Buying/Selling Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Dragoneer_88
    Participant

I’ve been buying/selling on eBay for years and never had this happen until this month and I’m curious if anyone else is having this issue or has had this issue.

Firstly, I’ve had 4 people buy stuff and not pay. After 3 days I relist the items, but it’s happened 4 times in two weeks. No contact from the buyers. What is going on?

My second issue…I bought two things and neither seller sent the item after a week. No contact again. I opened a case on one. The other seller “refunded” my money but paypal says the echeck was declined and they’ll try again in 3 days. So what if the echeck keeps getting declined? I’m just out the money? I can’t open an ebay case because this person issued the “refund”.

chibishiro12
      Participant

You should be able to open a case on paypal, under the buyer protection even if ebay thinks it’s all done.

Looking for-
        red fire young dragon
        old animal line frog, wolf, barn owl, tortoise, tiger cub

GardenNinja
        Participant

It is possible to get hold of a live human on eBay. I had a problem where the seller accidently left an old email address for her paypal address in her template. She told me to cancel the payment, and it would be relisted for me (BIN). I cancelled the payment, and eBay automatically filed a non-paying bidder complaint against me. I got frantic, and ended up talking to a real person at eBay. Since the request to cancel a payment was in an eBay message to me, the rep could see it. She gave instructions for what the seller needed to do, and tagged the case to be reviewed by others on the next weekday. The seller wasn’t able to follow the instructions successfully, but we found a workaround – I payed her through Paypal to the correct email address, and she marked the auction paid. That was enough to make eBay’s system happy. Obviously, your situation is different, but even if you can’t figure out a way to handle it through eBay’s tools, you should be able to get through to a live person who can help.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

I’ve just had this happen to me, and this is the first time it’s happened in my 10+ years on eBay. No contact and no payment after 10 days! I sent a reminder and also the invoice. I just put in a ‘Unpaid’ claim this morning.

How did your issues turn out, Dragoneer? Hopefully okay.

Oh and BTW – after this problem is resolved THAT Buyer is Definitely going on my Blocked list on eBay. No if’s, and’s or but’s! She’s not going to do this to me again.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Dragoneer_88
            Participant

Hmm, well my first reply isn’t showing up after I made an edit even though it says it’s there. Interesting. Let’s try this again.

I had to do what you did Ela_Hara as far as the no-pay buyers go. Wow, you give them 10 days! You’re a lot more patient than me. I only give them 3 unless they contact me.

As far as the refunds go…eBay collected my refund from one seller and the echeck finally cleared 3 weeks later from the other. It all worked out, but it’s still a frustrating process.

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Yeah well, that’s going to change – I probably will wait 5 days tops now. I’ve never had anything got past three days before being paid.
                What’s irritating is I was going to use funds from this sale to get another item I wanted on eBay, and that one goes off tonight. I’m not going to be able to get it now. Hopefully it’ll be reposted and not sold to someone else.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Dragoneer_88
                Participant

Grrr, it’s happened again. Another no-pay buyer and what really ticks me off is they have 200 + positive feedback. Don’t make an offer on my stuff and not pay! Trolls.

Also, does ebay not do 30 day listings anymore? I can only do 7 day or less “buy it now” listings and they charge me 30 cents per listing now. Greedy blankers.

Kim
                  Blocked

That’s odd with the non paying bidders.  Did you message them to see what the deal was?  I just listed some listings last week and there was still an option for 30 day listings.  I just chose 7 days as I find people tend to buy sooner if they are given less time on a listing.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Dragoneer_88
                    Participant

I don’t really bother contacting people about why they haven’t paid. I lay out my terms in the listing description. If they don’t pay in 3 days the order gets cancelled and item relisted. If they needed more time they need to contact me.

As far as the listing duration thing…I was wrong. They still do 30 day listings. It’s just this one item I listed I’m having problems with. For some reason it only lets me list it for 7 days and it’s NOT an auction. It’s a “buy it now” item. It’s not an unusual item or anything. Must be a glitch. However, the whole 30 cents per listing thing is still a problem. Don’t they get enough from taking a cut of the sale! Between all the eBay fees, increased shipping costs, and PayPal fees it’s getting difficult to ask a reasonable price and turn a little profit.

GardenNinja
                      Participant

I thought the 30 cents was only charged if you listed more than your limit for the time period, at least for regular auctions. I’ve never listed BIN.

tig3r06
                        Participant

So I did a buy it now on an item and paid right away. Seller shipped item and I received it. Although they didn’t pack well at all the item luckily made it with no damage.  I gave them good feedback, but sent a pm giving packaging feedback. They just now opened an unpaid item case without even messaging me so I look at my paypal and it says that my payment is pending their acceptance.  Either they are new and didnt know or they’re trying to get me to pay twice. So I sent them a screenshot attachment via resolution center pm of my invoice showing I paid before they shipped and that the payment is pending their acceptance in their paypal.  I’m just frustrated.

Dragoneer_88
                          Participant

That’s an odd thing to have happened. Has it been resolved yet?

tig3r06
                            Participant

The person messaged me they are new and had been trying to ask ebay how to get their money.  They also replied that they knew i paid.  It’s still not fixed yet. They said they were going to call ebay and get the non pay case removed.  I just don’t understand why you would keep going with something that clearly says you’re filing a case that the person didn’t pay.

GardenNinja
                              Participant

Actually, eBay opens the unpaid item case automatically. I had that happen to me when the seller accidentally left the wrong email address in her template, and she asked me to cancel my payment so she could redo it. That turned out to be the wrong way to go about it. Fortunately, it only took us a couple days to get it straightened out.

tig3r06
                                Participant

The person got the case resolved thankfully and no ding on my record. And you can do a manual non payment case along with having it automatically set. I’ve done it a few times before when someone didn’t pay for smartphones i was selling.  The person I just bought from said they did do it on accident trying to ask ebay a question.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.