DragonsWingDesigns on Etsy

Home Forums Miscellany Non-Windstone Flea Market DragonsWingDesigns on Etsy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Dragoneer_88
    Participant

I wanted to start this thread for my store so I don’t clog the forum every time I post something new. Also, I wanted to introduce the latest polymer sculpture I’ve put in my Etsy store, DragonsWingDesigns.

Here’s a little sleeping, while sunbathing, Toothless on a glass lightbulb bottle. I didn’t seal the bottle lid so you can remove the faux plants with tweezers and put in something else if you wish. In my opinion, he is the cutest dragon both in looks and behavior the movie industry has come up with so far.

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Awwwwww – how cute is this!
        Would make a great Holiday ornament!
        You should also add a link to your Etsy store as a part of your post signature – just a thought.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Dragoneer_88
        Participant

Thanks for the tip Ela_Hara. I will do shortly. 😉

Here’s some more things, tiny charms and figurines, going in my shop soon. Forgive me for the quality of these picture. The only camera I have at the moment is my cell camera.

etruscan
          Participant

I like the squid. 🙂

pipsxlch
            Participant

Ditto- I just saw this and was going to say the same. I like the ray too.

Dragoneer_88
              Participant

Thank you for the compliments. I now have these listed in my Etsy shop and I’ve added the link to my shop in my signature below. Thanks Ela_Hara for the tip!

Here’s a wip preview of what I’m working on next. I want to make a bunch of tiny animals, but I can’t decide if I want to make charms out of them or leave them as tiny shelf sitting figurines. What do you think? I can’t help but call the cat figurine, “puff cat”. It just sticks. 😂

Ela_Hara
                Participant

LOL! The Otter looks so CUTE!
                  You might want to add a blurb on your Etsy page that they can be a custom order with or without a loop to be a pendant or shelf-sitter. That way you don’t need to keep a stock of them but do them on a custom order basis.

Dragoneer_88
                  Participant

Thanks again, Ela_Hara! I’ll mention the option in the decription when listing little sculpts! My person preference is to make them shelf-sitters, but if someone wanted a charm made out of it, I’d oblige.

Here’s two figures that are about done. I’m still learning about ploymer clay, but learning quickly I think. The white parts of the orca got a little mixed with the black clay. It wasn’t intentional. Honestly, I feel like that “dirty” white clay looks more natural anyway.

Comic kitty!

I don’t know when I’ll be listing these two because I have more little animals to paint. If anyone is interested in anything I post here and I haven’t put it in my Etsy shop yet, you’re welcome to PM me if interested in purchasing.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Love the colors of the Cosmic Kitty! Beautiful! I think the Orca looks Great too. I have a soft spot for Orcas – the Wolves of the Sea. ^_^

pipsxlch
                      Participant

Aww- I love the orca also.

Dragoneer_88
                        Participant

Thank you!

I see I’m a good example of why it’s important to proofread. Comic kitty? I meant cosmic kitty, haha!

Anyway, I finished and stocked batch of tiny animals.

These look better in person. My camera is just awful!

Yes, you do see Catdog in there. Lol!

Another squid. I’ve never used pearl ex pigment powders before. I must say, I LOVE those pigment powders.

pipsxlch
                          Participant

Oh- I love that squid! He’s splendid!

Edit to say if he’s still available after the GBs come out and my bank account allows, he will be coming home with me. You did a beautiful job.

GardenNinja
                            Participant

That pearlescent squid is amazing!

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Rylorien
                              Participant

Pearl-ex powders are the best! They blend both easily and beautifully on polymer clay; my sister used to make polymer clay ornaments with the powder–it might be something to think of with Christmas in a few months (ugh, so soon already?!). You can also mix them into acrylic paints or get something like Jacquard’s pearl-ex varnish, which you mix the powder into it to make a “paint” matching the powder exactly (super fun for making your own metallic paint). Looooove pearl-ex powders!

By the way, some of those celestial pieces are adorable and that blended squid is just amaaaaazing! Keep up the great work!

Dragoneer_88
                                Participant

Thank you so much everyone. I’m truly honored. I’ve never been complimented so much on my art until I started sculpting with polymer clays last year. It’s a confidence booster. I’ve been drawing since 14 years old and always thought it was my medium. It seems I was working with the wrong medium and wish I would’ve known about polymer clay years ago.

For years I kept trying to improve my drawing skills in vain. At some point, I couldn’t seem to reach a higher skill level. Nobody was ever slightly impressed by my drawing or painting skills…except for my parents! Haha! Now, I’ve tried ceramic clays and, let me say, that was a hilarious failure. Polymer clay is just…better. I’m not a fast sculptor so it’s wonderful the clay doesn’t dry until it’s baked. Plus, all the other mediums you can add to it is just awesome. Not that it was a waste, but I wish I wouldn’t have gotten a digital graphic design degree and majored in something more in demand so at least I’d have a fallback. Uhg! A year out from graduating, I realized it wasn’t for me. With sculpting, however, I enjoy it and it seems like I’m improving quickly. It’s frustrating sometimes, but not as much as the computer programs in my opinion. I enjoy the challenge.

I keep in touch with my former professors and even they were asking, “Where is this coming from? Why weren’t you doing this before? If I would have known you were better at sculpture, I would’ve pushed you into it.” It’s a dream and a goal to be an professional artist and be my own boss, however, the long journey is just starting. Maybe in 1,000 years I can be one fourth as skilled as Melody! Haha!

Anyway, I’m trying some different things for fun. Tiny food charms seem to be popular right now. Great. I’m craving cake now. This kind of stuff reminds me of the age I had an easy bake oven. 😂 Also, I’ve ordered a light box and hopefully that’ll help with the picture quality.

Thank you for the ideas and tips Rylorien. Definitely going to put those on my list of things to try. I’ve been looking into watercolor acrylic paints as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.