'Dragon's Lair: The Movie' by Don Bluth & Gary Goldman

Home Forums Miscellany Community 'Dragon's Lair: The Movie' by Don Bluth & Gary Goldman

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Prezaurian
    Participant

By chance I bumped into this Kickstarter. As a big fan of Don Bluth films, I thought I’d pass this Kickstarter along.

Don Bluth (if the name isn’t familiar) is the main driving force behind movies such as, ‘The Rats of Nimh’, ‘The Land Before Time’, ‘An American Tale’, ‘All Dogs Go to Heaven’ and several other classics.

Blight
      Participant

I’ve seen that!

Truth be told, although I’m a massive Bluth fan (own signed animation cel & non-signed cels, etc), I think he and his team are being ridiculous with the Kickstarter. His studio isn’t some indie studio. He’s not a starving artist, and he wants thousands of dollars in exchange for a dinner or a model sheet?

Prezaurian
        Participant

Considering the decline of big scale hand drawn animation, this Kickstarter is not ridiculous at all.

Blight
          Participant

Bluth is rolling in cash, and runs his own animation school, still publishes books and art, iPad games, so he’s not strapped for cash like a college animator student would be, which is what crowd funding is supposed to be for 🙂 greedy bugger.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.