fbpx

Dragon sets on ebay for repairs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Dragon sets on ebay for repairs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

There are a couple of Dragon sets an ebay for sale, The Mother and The Male, They need work There are two sets Peacock and Green
      eBay item number:183862011918
      eBay item number:183866496751

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I tend to shy away from dragon “lots” on ebay. No matter how much I try to educate a seller on packaging them in separate boxes so they don’t get damaged (or more damaged) they will usually put them together in a single box anyway and you end up with two dragons smashed into pieces. Like real dragons, Windstones tend to fight when trapped in small spaces and in close quarters. LOL

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Anonymous

Aint that the truth, I bought an Emerald Male and a Peacock Mother Dragon For $55.00. It was a more intelligent seller, that understood once they are chipped there worthless. I explained how to ship them and he shipped them in separate boxes. they both were gems except for one tail scale chipped. got them in this morning and molded the chips. Just waiting for it to dry, well you know the rest. I try to explain to people you can’t get $200.00 for a Male Dragon that is chipped to shit. Have you seen the Windstone Castle on eBay. You will get a laugh out of this one, he was selling it for the same price that you can get it from The Windstone Store, His had chips on the bottom, but also on of the roofs was chipped in half. I sent him a message that it is dishonest to sell merchandise for that price with the roof damage, he replied there is no roof damage. I downloaded his picture and circled the roof and sent it back. he like oh and reduced the price $30.00. What a shithead, still trying to rip you off. Well I told him he will never sell it, and in 2 or 3 months I will pay for shipping and maybe give him 20.00. I try to educate these estate sellers, that if there are Windstones that have any damage do not pay more than 15.00 or 20.00 or they will loose money. I find that is the best place to find damaged Windstones on the cheep. I got to step back, I have a shitload of repairs to get done before I start my PYO’s. That is going to be fun, I love this stuff. Check out the Castle on eBay.

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I’m surprised in this day and age folks don’t quickly google an item (especially one that has a name carved in it and a stamp on the bottom of it identifying the manufacturer) at least just to get a quick idea of what the cost/retail would run. I see some auctions that are crazy priced and some that are real steals. It’s just one of those items I don’t think people either realize what it is worth, OR they think if they mark it up really high someone will think it must be special somehow and buy it quickly not knowing they kind of got ripped off. Then again a Windstone is worth as much as someone will pay for it. I have my share of pieces I paid out of the nose for because I wanted them, and others I got great deals on. eBay is a fickle mistress.

Got a busted Windstone?
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Tattoo Mother Kirin

Nightcrow
            Participant

I think a lot of it is that they, or Google’s searchbots, look on Ebay for their ‘research.’ A non-collector might see the latest test paint going for $490 and not dig deeper than that, so they don’t realize that the seller of that item is *the actual company* (i.e. it’s not a secondhand piece) and that it’s not a mass-produced version. Or they see two people who saw a test paint Male go for $300 last year and listed their own Males at $300, so they figure that must be the average price. (The curse of Ebay: what’s available at any given time is totally random, so it’s very hard to determine an average or baseline for anything!)

It’s so frustrating seeing a decent piece that you’d happily pay $150 for, only to see that the seller is asking $400 for it. And of course, I’m always leery of the way-overpriced ones because it says to me that the seller doesn’t know what they have… which means they also probably don’t know how to pack and ship it safely. :/

(One thing I have learned in my job is that people trust Google algorithms WAY more than they ought! My (private) workplace gets phone calls meant for a city department all the time, and the number of people who say, “but I Googled their number and this is the number it gave me!” when told they have the wrong place is just scary. I’m sorry the Internet was wrong about something! That frequently happens, and it’s concerning that you aren’t aware of it. Insisting that Google gave you my number doesn’t magically turn me into a city employee.)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Ela_Hara
              Participant

I think it’s sooooo Funny when I see WS pieces on eBay with very high asking prices and the piece is one that is currently available at the Windstone Store… LOL! For example, I’ve seen the ‘Cat’s Cradle’ and ‘Gargoyle Egg with Eyes’ pieces listed for $50+, and those two specific pieces are available in the WS Store new for $27 and $32 respectively. Yeah, Right! Like I’m going to buy your $50+ older, used piece that may not come to me packed correctly for twice the amount I can get it new… Some people.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Angelika_Zen
                Participant

Ela_Hara, the same is true for many other collectibles. I collect designer vinyl as well, and the same words have come out of my mouth “As if I’ll buy your used toy for 125 with a dented box when I can still get it for 69 from the store” Some Ebay sellers are … insert your own word…. lol!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Anonymous

Hey did anyone see the green male ON SALE ON EBAY FOR $600.00 – $780.00 BIN. windstone editions peacock male dragon windstone edition peacock green mail. I think I passes a kidney stone on that one. I tried a little re-education, but some people do not respond to education, you need a baseball bat. 😂😊

Angelika_Zen
                    Participant

That’s absurd! Maybe the BIN is to “Cover their costs” lol!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

I found a great set for someone who is wanting to try out repairs! *giggles*

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Dragon-Peacock-Poss-Green-Pena-86-RETIRED-FULL-SET/392433696973?hash=item5b5edf00cd:g:hTUAAOSwayRdgvcs

Got a busted Windstone?
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

That’s nothing!
                          I contacted a seller that had a used Gargoyle Egg w/eyes on ‘sale’ for $200. I contacted them and let them know that that same sculpt is in stock in the WS store for $32 NEW, so why would anyone want to buy theirs used for $200. Their response…. “Well, go get it then.” Amazing!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Anonymous

yeah I saw that one, I am so disgusted in these idiots, I will not even try to educate them. Just people out to rip you off, yhe best part no one will ever buy them. some times I will best offer 0.0 with a laugh.

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

*snerk*

“Excellent Condition” they say
                              $129 they say

*facepalm*

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Pena-1984-Peacock-Blue-Purple-Hatching-Dragon/401722975610?hash=item5d888e257a:g:upoAAOSw-phcgCXz

Got a busted Windstone?
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
                              Participant

I have a pair on eBay but mine are packed up in two boxes and then in a cooler,ready for the buyer.Perfectly safe.It does not take much to pack safe,just caring that they arrive safely.Just because they are multiples doesn’t mean they won’t make it.I got a mom,pop,and hatcher altogether and they were all safe even though not in separate boxes.You just never know.I say communicate and hope for a good outcome.

IMG_20191107_062931

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Dragonessbo
                                Participant

Found a few great dragons in need of a little love and attention. Can anyone advise me on the best paints to use? They are very small chips and I would like to get some practice in making small repairs. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dragonessbo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.