Dragon colors never done

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Dragon colors never done

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    windstonefan
    Participant

Melody I was wondering if you had ever considered doing a shade of orange in the dragon colors as I don’t think this has been done yet. Orange W/ Gold trim shaded W/ clear orange for the trim. Or a shaded dragon in a brown with green trim or yellow gold trim. Don’t think any of those have ever been done. Might look nice be little different thats for sure. Just wondering.

windstonefan

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I mentioned this before. There was once a Rising Spectral done YEARS ago in a metallic sunburst orange and I regret not bidding on it. It was fantastic!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Wampus Dragon
        Participant

I was fond of the Sunrise Lap Dragons. I would be pleased with a color along those lines. Especially if any contrast or shading colors were warm colors as well. Orange with red and gold contrast. Call it ‘Phoenix’.

Or an “autumn” color scheme. I’m not a fan of orange unless it’s metallic or nestled in other fall-like colors…or the swallow colors. I’m sure that if the Windstone crew decide to do something with orange, it’ll be fantastic as always.

windstonefan
          Participant

I think I remember that one and you are right it was fantastic. I absolutely loved that SK that was up not long ago. It took all my will power not to bid him.

windstonefan

windstonefan
            Participant

I agree Wampus that Sunburst Lap was just lovely. A me I’d buy a set of those in a heart beat!

windstonefan

I love loud colors and orange is my top favorite color. I would love to see some orange windstone dragons!

pony-up
              Participant

I was thinking, we already have amethyst, emerald and ruby dragons, so how about some other birthstone colors? Citrine, peridot, sapphire and blue topaz! I’d especially like some citrine dragons since that is my daughter’s birthstone. I’m ruby and my son is emerald, so just need some for her. 🙂 I’m thinking a warm yellow with a creamy underbelly and gold accents on her scales. And green eyes! I’ve never seen any dragons with green eyes. 🙂

windstonefan
                Participant

Your right there. No regular production dragons with green eyes have ever been done! Hint! Hint! I love this idea.

windstonefan

Melody
                  Keymaster

Melody I was wondering if you had ever considered doing a shade of orange in the dragon colors as I don’t think this has been done yet. Orange W/ Gold trim shaded W/ clear orange for the trim. Or a shaded dragon in a brown with green trim or yellow gold trim. Don’t think any of those have ever been done. Might look nice be little different thats for sure. Just wondering.

I am always looking for orange, yellow and red colors. You’d think every color would be available , but no, the colors I would like to use don’t seem to exist AND we are limited by the colors available that are safe to use in an airbrush. Cadmium Orange is good looking, but is unsafe to use. The synthetic orange and yellow paints available are hideously garish, in my opinion.
                    I am always looking and we are always experimenting.

Mike
                    Participant

I will have to ask the shop that does custom paint jobs on cars. They do wonderful work and I think I saw one done in orange.

Melody
                      Keymaster

I will have to ask the shop that does custom paint jobs on cars. They do wonderful work and I think I saw one done in orange.

The other requirements is that they have to be lightfast and water based.
                        And pretty, too!
                        Why is there NO metallic red???

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

Melody, YEARS ago, probably between 4 and 5 years ago, there was an orange Rising Spectral. It was gorgeous. I THINK it was from Olimpia, but it may have been yours. It was a sunburst orange, a lot like the color of my truck actually.

Orange 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 (8) Pictures, Images and Photos

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

Yeah, the sunset lap dragons Olympia did were fantastic! I’m lucky enough to own one. I wanted one BECAUSE shes orange and theres no other orange dragons. Red Fire was a perfect color, too bad the paint didnt work out. Why is Cadmium Orange unsafe? Clogs the airbrushes?

Adaneth
                            Participant

Yeah, the sunset lap dragons Olympia did were fantastic! I’m lucky enough to own one. I wanted one BECAUSE shes orange and theres no other orange dragons. Red Fire was a perfect color, too bad the paint didnt work out. Why is Cadmium Orange unsafe? Clogs the airbrushes?

I think it’s toxic to inhale.

http://www.chemicaldictionary.org/dic/C/Cadmium-orange_2205.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.