drag0nfeather's Repair Feedback Thread

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs drag0nfeather's Repair Feedback Thread

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

So I thought with how long I have been doing this that maybe it would be a good idea to make a Feedback thread about my repair services. This is a place for anyone who has ever had a repair done by me can offer real criticism or compliments from prior experience or going forward.

There are a lot of new members here and I know I don’t post as actively as I used to. Though I am only an email or private message away there are still many members who are not aware that there is someone here who can fix there damaged pieces for them available right here on the forum and if they are aware, they may be nervous trusting a stranger with just expensive and often sentimental or one of a kind sculptures. So I figured why not open myself to a public feedback forum so members can feel confident about sending their pieces out for repair.

I do have an active repair thread here. That is updated with my current workload. I do close up generally in the winter time, but do continue to take small jobs during that time (small chips and other minor issues) on a case by case basis during that period however and have a waitlist if needed.

Re-Opening for Small Jobs

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

GardenNinja
      Participant

I have cats, and most of my Windstones are on shelves or tables – not protected in a curio. I have sent many, many pieces to drag0nfeathers for repair. Her work is AWESOME. Every last one was repaired beautifully. You can’t even tell they were once damaged.

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

etruscan
        Participant

Drag0nfeathers really does work on any Windstone. The communication is great, the prices are reasonable, and the results are amazing. Three of the pieces that I have had and she has worked on:
          Touch up fleabites and missing paint on an original Scratching Dog? Quick work (and now he is much prettier).
          Repair a broken large wizard? You can’t even tell that he was damaged.
          Overhaul a dirty, beat up and faded Rock Dragon with lichen growing on him (he was kept outside before I got him)? He looks like new!

That last repair took a while. The others were done in less than a month.

Natasha
          Participant

Absolutely perfect repair work. I’ve had her fix up several windstones with breaks/cracks/chips etc and you honestly can’t tell they were ever broken. Her rates are reasonable, especially considering how good her work is.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
            ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
            Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
            Mother: Okapi
            Gothic - Mahogany
            PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
            DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Melody
            Keymaster

I love seeing photos of a totally smashed up piece, with missing bits be restored to perfection! The most impressive repair was the Emp. dragon with his tail
              missing.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Yes I will very publically admit the big Rock Dragon was a project and a half and it took me over a year to complete it. I didn’t realize not only did the stuff growing on it needed to be literally chiseled off, but the entire piece needed a fresh coat of paint. I thought it was dried up moss all over it and it would come off rather easily, but it was some kind of barnacle or calcium deposit or something crazy. Concrete was a new material for me to tackle repairing as well. Definitely one of the bigger projects I wasn’t expecting it to be.

This was the Before
                https://windstoneeditions.com/members/drag0nfeathers/mediapress/repair-work-by-drag0nfeathers/rock-repair-before/

And the After
                https://windstoneeditions.com/members/drag0nfeathers/mediapress/repair-work-by-drag0nfeathers/rock-repair-after/

I also have photos on my Facebook of me washing him in my bathtub with an iron bristle brush (the kind used for cleaning GRILLS!) and it didn’t even put a dent in whatever that build up was LOL!

Oh yes Melody! I remember that Emperor with no tail! That was a successful experiment, but I would probably never try casting a new tail again unless it was a project for myself or for an in person pick up. I’m not confident the tail would hold in shipping since it’s not gypsum, but only a plaster cast I attached directly to the broken gypsum.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Fell free to share photos of anything you wish if you like as well. ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Suzanne-Marie
                Participant

You are a miracle worker for repairs and painting !!
                  Thank you for the before and after photos that showcase your talent!!
                  Kudos!!!

sherry10151982
                  Participant

AWESOME JOB on my young uni! Packing skills are impeccable and The piece is wrapped with care like it was her own. I will definitely use her again over and over and spread the word! Thanks drag0n!!

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

YAY! I’m glad you received him safely Sherry <3 Thank you!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.