fbpx

Doggie Cold???

Home Forums Miscellany Community Doggie Cold???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Elena
      Participant

Do Dogs get Colds??? My Dog has been sneezing alot in the last couple of days and less active, like he’s not feeling well. With everyone who has furry babies around here I thought I’d ask

Stephanie
        Participant

I don’t know about colds, but my old dog used to have terrible allergies…She’d sneeze, be lethargic, shake her head and paw at her nose a lot. She had to go on allergy pills for it, to survive each spring.

Elena
          Participant

Hmm that sounds like my dog at the moment… though he had no trouble last spring… aside from shedding everywhere

Mmloda
            Participant

I think they do…I know that Maks was the same way a few of days ago, he was sneezing and sleeping alot.. but he got over it.I also think that as long as your dogs eats he`s fine but when and if he stops eating than you need to worrie…. πŸ™‚

Marzena

Yes, dogs and cats can get the flu in it’s various forms. My dog had the stomach flu when I was younger. Just try to make sure he drinks. Food isn’t near as important as fluids. They are just like us in alot of ways. And sometimes like us they just need a little snuggle.
              Also, sometimes with age, and overweight animals congestive heart failure can happen too…So, jsut keep an eye on him and if he isn’t spunkier in a few days take him to the vet and have him checked jsut incase. Maxx might still be alive if I had just told Scott to take him in earlier, or just took him myself. πŸ˜₯ I still kick my own A$$ over that, but it never occured to me at the time, atleast till he was diagnosed with it. πŸ˜• (Being a CNA doesn’t mean I am a vet, but they suffer from alot of things we do. I’ve had alot of dogs and cats over the years. πŸ˜€ )

darjeb
              Participant

My dog had something like a cold at one tme but it turned out to be allergy. He also has chronic bronchits (people have it to – my late husband had it) so if he starts having a coughing problem I take him to the vet for antibotics. My b/f says that Tristen go to the vet more often than most people’s kids

Starbreeze
                Participant

One of my Pugs has allergy problems in the spring and fall just like I do!! We suffer together!! πŸ˜† In her case though, if I don’t watch her she’ll give herself a skin infection. She scratches and gets bacteria into the itchy spots. I have to wipe all of her itchy spots with antibacterial wipes this time of year. πŸ™„

Lupin
                  Participant

Cold’s? Yes FurKids can have, but so far I’ve only had one cat with a flu once, no dogs, but Jube has really bad allergies.

Allison
                    Participant

My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel gets terrible allergies this time of year that makes it look like she has a cold. Sneezing, snuffling, runny nose, cloudier eyes (she’s had cataracts since she was 2) and a tendancy to rub her face on the carpets and furniture. She doesn’t eat much while she gets that bad either. By May/June though, she’s back to herself.

keschete
                      Participant

foxfeather wrote:

Do Dogs get Colds??? My Dog has been sneezing alot in the last couple of days and less active, like he’s not feeling well. With everyone who has furry babies around here I thought I’d ask

For even small 6-10 pound dogs you can get the children’s chewable benadryl 12.5 mg tablets. My dogs eat them like a treat.

It will help with allergies, give one tablet every 8 hours or so. It will help alot.

Hope this helps. Kaya

Lupin
                        Participant

Our vet recommended Adult Benadryl, but Jube is around the 40lbs mark. She’s also currently on Predisone agai, can’t wait until I can wean her back off it again. if we could justify it there’s apparently a “New” drug on the market but it’ll cost us $1.50 a pill, twice a day, so basically after Dental surgery, ’cause even Khym’s Meds aren’t that expensive!!

Heather
                          Participant

The new drug may be Atopica; if it is, it’s worth a go. I’ve heard good things about it, and while it’s expensive it doesn’t have the same problem with side effects as Pred.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.