Does anyone live near xxx Changes made…is anyone near Greensboro, NC?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Does anyone live near xxx Changes made…is anyone near Greensboro, NC?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Patricia
    Participant

Life has a way of keeping things interesting. It has also developed enough that I can talk about it a little. We thought we would be moving to Tennessee but now will be moving to Greensboro NC in 2 weeks.
      I work in the Bowling biz with my Husband and Father-in-law. I married into it. They owned 6 centers at the time. Unfortunately they grew too fast during a good economy. The economy went south and we ended up with a lot of debt at a high interest rate. There were a few other bad factors as well. Suffice to say we have been trying to refi but banks won’t touch anything that isn’t making money nor understand that we would be making money if we could get a lower interest rate. In an effort to reduce our debt we have sold 2 centers off. One of them being where my husband and I live in Greenville SC. As a result of all this mess and other things I can’t go into my husband and I have been in a state of hiatus for around 5 months….and unable to talk about it. I really wanted to talk about it but have found the world to be too small and the gossip mill to be nasty to deal with. I’m almost paranoid at this point to post anything. If you are friends with me on FB you may have noticed I post nothing relevent on there at all. I don’t think there is anyone who knows me from the business so I feel a little safe here. I know there are some wonderful people on here and I havn’t been the best about staying in contact with them or responding to pms. I wish to apologise to everyone. I promise I’m not ignoring anyone. I’m also moving in the next 2 weeks so it may be difficult to get ahold of me but I will try to get back on the forum more often…(I still have to figure out this new site. lol) But if anyone lives near Greensboro, NC I would love to hang out and learn about the area. I can recommend some good bowling centers already!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Hey Kepilly! I live in Knoxville which is less than 2 hours away. I know some people from Johnson City and they really love it there. I have only past through. PMing ya.

Patricia
      Participant

Have to admit I’m a little dissapointed I’m not going to get to hang out with you soon since things changed but I still have relatives in Johnson city and family moving to louiville Kentucky so I’m hoping I’ll be able to stop by and meet you sometime! I’m finding out what a treasure real friends are and how hard they are too make.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Patricia
        Participant

xxx

WolfenMachine
          Participant

Im sorry to hear about all your turmoil, Kep. 🙁 Just being able to talk about the hard stuff makes it easier to deal with. Wish I could help you out, but Im quite far from SC. Ive been to NC-near Charlotte. It was beautiful there! I went in April 2010, and the people were nicer (than in Houston) the air was clean, and there was lots of beautiful rolling hills. I found a great book in Barnes and Nobles called “The Weird Carolinas” and it talks about all this creepy stuff to see and haunted places. One place was Acid Park. I actually got to visit there. The legend goes that a young girl (15 or 17 I forget) is out having fun with her friends. She stole her dad’s car, got high on acid, crashed the car and died. Her father built ‘Acid Park’ in her memory-this trippy place with big wind powered whirly gigs. The rumors about the girl dying aren’t true, but it makes for an interesting story.

There’s also supposedly a palace, where, if you drive over this long road at night, and count the bridges, there’s 7. But if you immediatly turn around and drive back, there’s only 6 bridges. Wanted to try that but didn’t get a chance to.

It was a neat book if you like weird stuff like that 🙂

Patricia
            Participant

That sounds neat! I’ll have to get a copy of that book. thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.