fbpx

Does anyone know…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Does anyone know…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Stephanie
      Participant

About the artist Crystal Skelley?

Jasmine
        Participant

Nope, sorry. Do they have a website?

Stephanie
          Participant

From what I can find she isn’t alive anymore and I have an original painting of hers. But I haven’t found a web site for HER… just golf tees…?

I guess I can go and find an “Art Dealer” here and see if this painting is worth anything??? πŸ˜•

Here is her work that I have…

Its pretty!

Skigod377
            Participant

Thart is pretty, but I have never heard of her. Maybe you can Google her. πŸ™‚

Stephanie
              Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Thart is pretty, but I have never heard of her. Maybe you can Google her. πŸ™‚

“Crystal Skelley made her living as an Oil Painter and her paintings were displayed all over the United States and Canada. She live off her royalties from her work until she died at eighty.” from her neice Kathie Neal.

Wed July 7 2004 From WebSite http://www.gemeart.com/joomla/index.php

Crystal Skelley passed away recently. We will miss her and know that many others will also miss her love of truth and beauty. In memorium, we are presenting in Gallery 1 a retrospective exhibit of her art. Crystal joined our group of artists in 1971, and since that time produced more than 200 Lithographs for us.

Her subject matter included subjects of all types, including florals, bird life, kittens, golf landscapes (her classic famous golf greens), animals, and many more. Our all time best seller was produced by her.

Whatever the subject, whether it be a kitten playing with pearls, or a beautiful rose glistening with morning dew, each work showed her love of subject and craft. During the last years of her life she was plagued by health issues that would have prevented anyone else from continuing their art. Crystal continued producing to all of our advantage, from not only the art she produced, but also, the example she was.

You can view and shop for her Lithographs by selecting “Search Lithographs” from our main menu and selecting “SKELLEY” in the artist box on our search bar.

BDW
                Participant

Serenity wrote:

From what I can find she isn’t alive anymore and I have an original painting of hers. But I haven’t found a web site for HER… just golf tees…?

I guess I can go and find an “Art Dealer” here and see if this painting is worth anything??? πŸ˜•

Here is her work that I have…

Its pretty!

Here is a link I found to your original called ‘the gift’.

http://www.gemeart.com/GemePrint_detail.php?key=1216&itemNumber=149

Stephanie
                  Participant

Huuum very cool! Now it has a name! πŸ™‚

I can feel the paint on the canvus, so it has to be an original… right?

I have seen some lithos printed on textured canvas so they look like paintings you have to really look to see if the brush strokes follow the painting.

Stephanie
                    Participant

Oooooh its the original! I can SEE the paint on there! πŸ™‚ You know how they use the “knife” paint brush thingy… I can SEE the remains of the paint! πŸ™‚ Cool! I emailed her niece in the top part of this thread… maybe she can show a little light on this?????

Jodi
                      Participant

Cool! I’d be interested to know more about your treasure! It’s like Antique Roadshow. πŸ˜€

Brenda
                        Participant
                        Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.