fbpx

Do you have a favorite dip?

Home Forums Miscellany Food Do you have a favorite dip?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Ok, I am all in favor for the good old onion soup and sour cream dip. Or the ranch dressing mix and sour cream…Dill dip, etc. But what I want to know is if you have a favorite that is something from your family passed down or maybe cross passed with in-laws.

Mine I got from a sister in law. If you like shrimp this dip is pretty awesome.
    To make “Gramma’s Shrimp Dip” you need:
    1 8oz. pkg cream cheese (whatever is your favorite)
    2/3 c. Miracle Whip (Light an be substituted here)
    2-3 green onions, diced small
    1 stalk of celery, diced small
    2-3 Tbs. Lemon Juice (To taste)
    2 4oz. cans of tiny shrimp (Drained and rinsed)

Let the cream cheese sit out to soften. You will need a mixing bowl to combine ingredients. A hand held mixer is helpful too, but a heavy duty fork will do too, it just takes longer.
    Put the cream cheese in the bowl, and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix together somewhat and add the Miracle Whip. Stir together until well blended. Add celery and onion, mix with spoon. Add one can of shrimp and stir well. Add second can of shrimp and stir lightly. Chill.
    Eat with favorite crackers. Also enjoyable as a filling for stuffed tomatoes on hot summer days. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Hint: The longer it has a chance to chill, the more the flavors blend together.

Maria
    Participant

Oh that sounds goood! I’m going to be referring back to this subforum a lot more often once I get to start cooking for myself.

I just made it this evening, and I am having trouble leaving it alone until tomorrow. I made a cheesball too. It is in the fridge chilling out too. Tomorrow I will crush up walnuts and pecans and roll it out into a log that Scott will devour in the matter of 2 days. LOL (That is ok, I will have my shimp dip and entertainment crackers so I am all good. :)) I love to cook, but I am not a big cake baker. I enjoy entertainment finger foods most. I have a million recipes I could post here! LOL

Oh, and I am looking for a good spinach artichoke dip too if anyone has one! *hint hint*

machineguts
      Participant

Holy dang that sounds good! ๐Ÿ˜€

Bodine
        Participant

mmmmmcheeseballs ๐Ÿ™‚
          My favorite dip is Velveeta cheese,Ro-tel and ground sausage with Ritz crackers.

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

machineguts
          Participant

Omg YUM. :yum:

bodine6127 wrote:

mmmmmcheeseballs ๐Ÿ™‚
            My favorite dip is Velveeta cheese,Ro-tel and ground sausage with Ritz crackers.

Let’s see…Cheesball..
            2 8oz pkgs of Cream cheese (softened)
            2 pkg of Budding beef lunchmeat (chopped small)
            4 TBS worchesteshire sauce
            1 C coarse grated cheddar or other cheese
            2 finely chopped green onions

Put softened cream cheese in large bowl. Mash it around a bit and add 3 TBS worchesteshire sauce. Mix it together well. Add onion mix. Add meat, mix. Put cheese on top, sprinkle with remaining sauce, and mix. Form into ball in center of bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Crush your favorite nuts, and roll ball in them. Coat well. Refrigerate until needed, or eat now!
            Great on club or ritz crackers! Scott will polish this size ball off all by himself within 2-3 days. You can cut everything in half and make a smaller ball for singles to keep in the fridge. Makes a 4 square snack! ๐Ÿ˜€

Bodine
            Participant

You read my mind again WC.How are you doing that? :scratch: Are you peeking in there? ๐Ÿ˜›

bodine6127 wrote:

You read my mind again WC.How are you doing that? :scratch: Are you peeking in there? ๐Ÿ˜›

LOL Might be….Neighbor kid thinks I’m a witch… XD XD
              Nah, actually, Scott was preparing to finish off the cheese ball I just made a couple days ago, so I thought I would post it. Lucky me, I don’t even really need the recipe cards for these 2!
              I used to get Saveur Magazine. I loved that! It was just full of recipes in there that you could concoct. From all kinds of countries. I haven’t tried any yet, but I have alot of them wrote down. I jsut write them down usually so I can pass the magazines on to the local doctor’s offices and such. Have you ever gone in there and found that all the magazines are like 3 or 4 years old? It kinda sucks. Or they are all on golfing cuz that is what your doctor does? It really sucks when you haven’t been there for 2 years or more, and the same damn magazines are still there. This way, I am sure to have something to read when I go in…UNLESS people take them. But I get US Weekly now. It’s like home delivery of the National Inquirer. XD

Bodine
              Participant

Inquiring minds want to know… ๐Ÿ˜†

bodine6127 wrote:

LOL! The funniest part of all the witch stuff, is that I just began looking for a pair of awesome goth shoes that scream, “TAKE ME HOME!!!” recently. Wait until I get those… ๐Ÿ‘ฟ (Maybe it will keep them out of my garden next year. I should take my crystal ball out there with me too! ๐Ÿ˜†

I’m down to these:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370244218432&var=640000077286&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                Or these:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390095006626&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                But, I really like these!!!
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250407366129&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                But, I don’t like the fact that they are patent instead of matte. :shrug:

megamibabe16
                Participant

Spinach and artichoke dip. It goes great with tortilla chips and toasted bread. If I see it at a restaurant I usually order it just to see if it is good or not. So far none have been in the bad category.

lamortefille
                  Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

LOL! The funniest part of all the witch stuff, is that I just began looking for a pair of awesome goth shoes that scream, “TAKE ME HOME!!!” recently. Wait until I get those… ๐Ÿ‘ฟ (Maybe it will keep them out of my garden next year. I should take my crystal ball out there with me too! ๐Ÿ˜†

I’m down to these:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370244218432&var=640000077286&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                    Or these:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390095006626&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250407366129&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They are all cool, but I love the second pair!

As far as dip, I love crab dip served in a bread bowl. Yum! ๐Ÿ˜€ My sister makes excellent shrimp dip and spinach dip.

WindstoneCollector wrote:

bodine6127 wrote:

I’m down to these:
                    Or these:
                    LOL My dream shoes are these:
                    A$$ Kicking Boots
                    They just scream at me to buy them… kick people in the butt… and then engrave their names on the metal plates!!! ๐Ÿ˜†

Back to your regularly scheduled threads….

I like the homemade dill dip that I had… it was also a veggie pizza sauce…. but I can’t remember how to make it. It had cream cheese, miracle whip, and dill in it though. Heck if I remember proportions…. :scratch: I’ll get back to you on it. I’m sure I made a post about the pizza…

EDIT: Found the recipe!

-8 ounce package of cream cheese
                    -1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise or miracle whip
                    -package of ranch dressing mix (only if using mayonnaise, will be too strong a flavor with miracle whip)
                    -1tsp dill weed
                    -1tsp garlic powder

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.