Disaster has struck

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Disaster has struck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

This morning, in a cat-related incident, my Peacock Lap Dragon crashed from a high shelf and shattered. 🙁

Miraculously, it landed in a basket, which contained most of the pieces.

Are there any repairers currently active? I’ve done minor repairs before (on this dragon, in fact!) but this is way beyond my skill level, so I’m hoping to find somebody who can handle the job.

break1

break2

break3

The cat has been informed in a loud voice that he is IN TROUBLE and BETTER BEHAVE, but shows few signs of repentence. Now I’m contemplating ways to block off my shelves with plexiglass…

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

merrillannwhite
      Participant

You should PM Drag0nfeathers. Maybe on Facebook too. She is one of the moderators for the official Windstone page and is on there more often. She fixed my Sun dragon which my cat knocked off the mantle onto a slate hearth. Definitely a bigger repair than your lap. It looks good as new.

Before:

66154E35-78D3-428D-9659-96F02D52EFE8

After:

C80ABFA1-B322-4B99-B555-96DCFA691137

Nightcrow
        Participant

Thanks – I’ll PM her! I don’t do Facebook, so that’s why I posted here hoping to find someone who’s still active on the Forums.

I’m so glad that your lovely Sun dragon could be repaired! He’s very handsome. 🙂

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

I am still here. I lurk mostly because I’ve been helping mod the Facebook group. I usually just need a little poke and I’ll drop in here.

I’m available Nightcrow. I’ll send you a message in a bit. I can’t believe the horns are still in the head after such a spill.

Thanks for the rave review merrillannwhite <3

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Nightcrow
            Participant

Oh, that’s great news! Thanks for replying, Drag0n!

I’m as shocked as you are about the horns. 🙂 This isn’t my first Broken Lap Rodeo, just the most severe, so I’m aware of the tendency for Lap horns to *spoink* right out of the head at the smallest excuse. (When I mentioned that I’ve repaired this dragon, that was the problem – when I bought him, he had damage to one side of his head, and the horn was out. I’m very surprised that my repairs held up through this disaster.)

Nightcrow
              Participant

More photos, for Drag0nfeathers:

The left side is the good news, with minimal missing surface.

neck5

The right side is worse off, with a couple of larger chunks out of the surface next to the line of the break.

neck1

It’s hard to tell in that photo, but one of those white areas near the head is actually the ‘missing’ piece, bent outward from its placement but still attached by the paint:

neck2

neck7

Nightcrow
                Participant

The lower gaps look to have some reasonably pieces, too:

neck9

Bodine
                  Participant

Glad she is fixing y’all’s beauties up.So sad to see them broken.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.