Dinosaurs selling and wanted (plus cats)

Home Forums Miscellany Non-Windstone Flea Market Dinosaurs selling and wanted (plus cats)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Pam

I am interested in buying any old dinosaur toys that other forum members may have lying around. I am especially interested in any of the following:

My BATTAT want list (in descending order of most wanted; would prefer mint items):
      -Pachycephalosaurus
      -Tyrannosaurus v1 or 2
      -Battat minis, any
      -Galimimus (I have one now that has some paint rubs, so I am still searching for a mint version)
      -Diplodocus (will pay $250 for one in excellent condition)

Non-Battat want list: (prefer mint items)
      -Kinto Favorite soft model Deinonychus, second color variation (the one that isn’t solid brown)
      -Large vinyl Sega Stegosaurus
      -Any other large vinyl Sega besides tric, rex, and amarga
      -Finished Kaiyodo vinyls
      -Most Kaiyodo/Kabaya/etc prehistoric mini figs
      -Invicta Blue Whale
      -Invicta Stegosaurus (4 line version)
      -Invicta Mammoth
      -Any oddly colored invictas
      -Toyway Corythosaurus
      -AAA Entelodont (large and small)
      -AAA Hyaenodon (large)
      -Waiphoon styracosaurus
      -WWD Utahraptor
      -Disney motion detecting Carnotaurus
      -Disney Carnotaurus keychain
      -PV whales and dolphins
      -Dino Riders dinosaurs

– – –

I also have many dinosaurs for sale or trade.

The following are available for trade only:

Battat:
      -Pachycephalosaurus – two broken hornlets, otherwise new

Non-Battat:
      -Green invicta stegosaurus – will trade for other oddly colored invictas only
      -WS Hypacrosaurus – new with tag
      -Carnegie Corythosaurus – new with tag
      -WS Ancient Giants Gift Set – new in box (includes old -Parasaurolophus adult and baby, Apatasaurus adult and baby, and old Styracosaurus)
      -X-Plus Styracosaurus – new with tag
      -X-Plus Albertosaurus – new with tag
      -Sega red/yellow T-rex if you tempt me badly enough (Kaiyodo vinyl rex v2 perhaps?)
      -Shane Foulkes Parasaurolophus resin kit (will also sell) – unpainted, unassembled

For sale or trade:

-Large Kenner Red Rex (non-working)
      -Carnegie, Safari, Papo, Invicta, and others > http://s887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/Seijun/For%20Sale

I am selling some large Country Artist’s Siamese cats as well, but will consider trading them for dinos.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300536175549
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300535555047

WolfenMachine
      Participant

Country Artists-Pam, do they have a website? Do they make wolves too? There is a wolf family on a snowy rock setting in a local shop and I am in LOVE with it AND the owner marked it down half price(hinted to mom that it would be a great Christmas present)-I looked at the bottom to see who made it and I *THINK* it was Country Artists.

Pam

They make wolves. Try a google image search for country artists wolf or wolves. The bottoms of my cats are unmarked except for a sticker. They will have unmarked, full-sized felt pads on the bottoms, or sometimes just little “button” pads. Their animal sculptures are made of pollystone and are solid.

Zelda
          Participant

Wow, didn’t know you were a dino collector! I adore the Battat dinos, and have spent many a long hour hunting to get what I have of my collection! When I was much younger and they were first introduced into stores, I stood by a WHOLE BIN of Diplodocus all mint in their bags and passed them up because I thought they were ugly at the time, ARGH! I probably could have paid some of my college bills with what those would bring nowadays ๐Ÿ™‚ I wish I had extra Battats to trade with you, because that Sega T. rex is something I’ve been chasing after lately. Is your trade offer going to be out there for a while? I’m sure I could find some things on your list if I go back to looking hard enough.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Pam

My trade offers will stand for infinity or until I complete my battat collection. I really don’t want to part with my sega rex, and it will probably take two, maybe three battats to separate us. It’s hard to say what he is worth now that they are effectively gone. I have never seen one on ebay.

My stomach hurts thinking of standing next to a bin full of battat diplos! ๐Ÿ™„
              At least I have an excuse, I was too young at that time, and didn’t know battat existed.

I prefer collecting dinosaurs to windstones–the dinosaurs almost never break in the mail!

Zelda
              Participant

I second the breakage sentiment, and they also tend to take up less space, in most cases! I’ve been collecting ever since I started getting dinosaur toys as gifts at age 5, and have let few of them go since, so I have a lot! I’ve technically managed to collect all of the Battats, but I’m still chasing after the variant ‘snowshoe’ T. rex and Dilophosaurus, and the mini T. rex. There were rumors floating about after the line got cancelled about another company buying the molds and continuing to produce the line. Shame it never happened – given that there were actual career paleoartists behind the sculpts, those ‘toys’ are on par with or better than a lot of the model kits I’ve seen out there!

I understand your reluctance to trade your Sega rex, he’s a rare bird too. Good luck in your search, I’ll keep my eyes peeled!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

WolfenMachine
                Participant

I have a large (I think about 24″ from nose to tail-will have to measure him) plush stegosaurus if you’d be interested.

Pam

I am only interested in battats right now ๐Ÿ™‚
                    but thank you for the offer anyway

Pam

A TON more dinosaurs added, for sale or trade:
                      Carnegie
                      Safari
                      Papo
                      Invicta
                      and more
                      Pics here: http://s887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/Seijun/For%20Sale/

I have three of the large Walking Siamese Cats by Country Artist’s. This figure is retired and was only available in Europe. All three are new in their original boxes, but they do have factory flawed eyes (microscopic bubbles that give a silvery or dusty sheen to the surface of the eyes). I am selling them for $100 a piece. This figure is very large and probably very close to life-size (I don’t know how big real Siamese cats get).

Pam

Pam

*bump* updated my for sale and want lists. Looking to buy anyone’s old dinosaur toys. Also have large country artists cats listed on ebay.

Carolyn
                          Participant

Those cats look so real . You’d think they’d start meowing .

Pam
                              Kiera
                              Participant

This is… fascinating! I never knew there was a line like BATTAT. They look familiar, but how would I recognize one if I saw it? Are they stamped?

Pam

This is… fascinating! I never knew there was a line like BATTAT. They look familiar, but how would I recognize one if I saw it? Are they stamped?

I recognize them by sight. Not many dinos were made for the line. However, they were also stamped on the bottom as Bostom Museum of Science. This page shows all the large ones that were made. Several of the big ones also had mini versions made of them. http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/battat.htm

Still looking to buy old dino toys from people!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.