Dinosaur Christmas Help!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dinosaur Christmas Help!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

I’m trying to find a Christmas gift for my nephew who LOVES dinosaurs (Rarrs as he calls them) and been coming up blank, especially in the ‘affordable'(like $25ish) range. He already has the Discovery Channel Bin of Dinosaurs and doesn’t really like plushies.

Anyone know of any dinosaur toys that are NOT plush, remote controlled or battery operated? And are suitable for a two year old?

Wampus Dragon
      Participant

What about the Safari brand dinosaur figures?

Misty
        Participant

Schleich makes cool dino’s, I get lots of stuff from them. Price depends on size and level of detail. 😉

Skeeterdeee
          Participant

My boys are three and they really like the Fisher Price Imaginext Dinosaurs. They’re plastic robot dinos in the $20 range ($50 for the giant T-Rex), easily found at any Walmart. They say for ages 36 months and up so you’ll have to take a look and see if you think they are suitable for your nephew (I would remove some of the small robot parts first), but they’re typical sturdy fisher price toys.

Bullsquid
            Participant

I’ve purchased many dinosaur figures from various lines (Safari, Schleich, Papo, Bullyland, Collecta, etc.) from tgftoys.com. They have a big selection at varying price points, so you could put together a nice group of dinos for $25.

Pam

I have four grocery bags and one box full of spare dinosaur toys. There are imaginex, safari, carnegie, jurrasic park, AAA, resaurus, dino riders, marx, invicta, and many no-name brand ones. Most are like-new or lightly used. Interested? If he has a favorite species, I probably have it. Here is part of the safari/carnegie lot:
                http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/Seijun/For%20Sale/IMG_2908.jpg

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Awe man, thought I could help for a second but I guess not. I JUST came across a really OLD glazed ceramic figure of a triceratops, but it’s not for kids since it’s fragile.

I made it a long time ago. it’s actually pretty cool cause it’s got a crystal glaze on it. Maybe I can give it to Pam ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Zelda
                  Participant

Heya Foxfeather! As a shamefully dedicated dinosaur collector myself, I have a few suggestions for the little guy. Safari Ltd. makes a line of toys called “Great Dinos”, that are essentially larger versions of some of their normal-sized figures, at a good price for their size. They’re quite scientifically accurate and are big enough for small hands. You can buy them directly through Safari’s website and some stores (Micheal’s or ACMoore craft stores, if they’re near you) carry them.

Playskool makes a line of toys that used to be called Definitely Dinosaurs. These are rubbery hollow toys that are jointed at the limbs, neck, tail, etc. They were mainly manufactured in the 80’s (you can find plenty on Ebay) but I’ve seen the smaller figures still available in toy stores as recently as a few years ago (haven’t been looking since!). These are lightweight and hold up very well to the bathtub. The larger dinos originally came with cavemen and saddles so they could ride the dinosaurs as well 🙂

Good luck and hope your nephew becomes a budding paleontologist!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.