fbpx

Difference btwn Reg. & New??

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Difference btwn Reg. & New??

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I was noticing the big different between the price of a regular puffin and tiger versus the ones that came out yesterday. ($27 vs. $80) Why is there such an increase? Usually with special colors on, say a male or fledge, the increase is maybe $10 but the increase with these are $53?! Just curious…thanks so much for your time! πŸ™‚

frozendragon
    Participant

My guess is because of the difficulty in painting them.. The mermaid was $92 regular but the new one is only $50 not many colors to paint on it…

Jennifer
      Keymaster

That would be my guess, too. From a painter’s standpoint, it looks like there was a lot more time invested in the bengal ones.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Yea, most of the dragons are already painted, they’re just changing the colors, still the same workload.

These guys have spots and a few different colors in their markings, I’m sure that’s why.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

I wondered about that to. I was a little bummed they did cost as much as they did – but I understand why. They paint job is rather involved…

LadyFirebird
            Participant

I remember when the Bengal flaps went on ebay, a question was asked as to whether she was going to make this a production color. I remember Melody saying probably not–on the bigger cats–because it was difficult to air brush the spots. So it’s not as bad on Puffin and Tiger but those spots would take more time to paint. I’m glad she did make Puffin and Tiger available in the bengal colors–I can afford them better! πŸ˜€

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Yea, we could be paying like $400 like the one from ebay

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Adaneth
                Participant

purpleturtle wrote:

I wondered about that to. I was a little bummed they did cost as much as they did – but I understand why. They paint job is rather involved…

I’ll admit I’m curious too. I was guessing they’d be about $50-60–double the price of the stone finish for the extra painting work. $80 was a surprise. πŸ™‚

Melody
                  Keymaster

kenziesmommy663 wrote:

I was noticing the big different between the price of a regular puffin and tiger versus the ones that came out yesterday. ($27 vs. $80) Why is there such an increase? Usually with special colors on, say a male or fledge, the increase is maybe $10 but the increase with these are $53?! Just curious…thanks so much for your time! πŸ™‚

Two reasons: One, the bengals are a whole new paint scheme, so they need to be priced like the “fine finish ” stuff. They are allot easier to paint than the big flapcats, but still tricky enough that I am painting them all myself. Normally, production pieces are done by our painters.

two , the stone finish puffin and tigers are a deal! We are undercharging for them, I think. They don’t look it, but they are incredibly tricky to paint. Especiallly with gypsum that is behaving weird.

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

It’s aways hard price art. One never seems to be able to sell it at what it’s really worth :nea: . I’m thinking, for example, that as much work goes into a baby griff as an adult. The painting alone is just as involved for the little as the big sculpt. But the only thing is, you can’t sell the baby for as much as the adult – nobody would pay that much. Well, that’s my theory at least πŸ˜‰ …

Melody wrote:

kenziesmommy663 wrote:

Two reasons: One, the bengals are a whole new paint scheme, so they need to be priced like the “fine finish ” stuff. They are allot easier to paint than the big flapcats, but still tricky enough that I am painting them all myself. Normally, production pieces are done by our painters.

two , the stone finish puffin and tigers are a deal! We are undercharging for them, I think. They don’t look it, but they are incredibly tricky to paint. Especiallly with gypsum that is behaving weird.

Thanks for answering! I hope that it didn’t seem like I was complaining or anything…I was just curious. I can’t wait until they get here. (I managed to get all of them thanks goodness!) πŸ˜€ And I wasn’t even stalking the store! haha I guess that saying, “a watched pot never boils” is true! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜† Thanks again!

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Considering the intricacy of the spotting on these kitties, I’m not at all surprised at the price. I still think they remind me of snow leopards. Close enough anyway! πŸ˜‰

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.