fbpx

Didn't seem to really fit in anywhere else….anyone else with issues trying to PM forum people?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Didn't seem to really fit in anywhere else….anyone else with issues trying to PM forum people?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Lupuslunae
    Participant

Wasn’t sure where else to ask this. I have a PM I want to answer, but there is no reply box? And there is no “send this user a private message” option on the user page. Am I missing something obvious here? Is there an option to just turn off PMs so you have to email people, and is this an instance of that? It’s been a long lazy afternoon, and when I couldn’t find that reply box, I had to recount my beers :p

jmoore
      Participant

That’s strange. I just replied to a PM the other day and didn’t have any issues……

Adaneth
        Participant

PM reply worked fine for me yesterday. :~

etruscan
          Participant

Odd. Did you accidentally mark that person as an Ignored User? Your account page shows ignored users and you can reverse the choice. I inadvertently blocked Melody once when I clicked the wrong thing. :p

Lupuslunae
            Participant

I checked that, and nope. But if a person was ignored, would I show a PM from her/him anyway?

etruscan
              Participant

No idea – it is not something I have tried.

rachelled
                Participant

I’ve been sending PMs and haven’t received answers for days, but to be fair it’s only with one person and they could easily have just been busy this weekend.

Natasha
                  Participant

It’s possible they accidentally blocked you, instead of you blocking them. I’ve accidentally blocked people before with no idea how it’s happened but it’s happened at least three times so I imagine there’s a block button somewhere that’s easy to bump!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                    ANY Red Eyed Unis
                    ANY Test Paint Bat
                    UNIS:
                    The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                    Male- Snow Leopard TP
                    White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                    Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                    Mother: Okapi
                    Gothic - Mahogany
                    PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                    DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Lupuslunae
                    Participant

It’s possible they accidentally blocked you, instead of you blocking them.

Yup, that is what I am guessing. Everyone else’s account I’ve checked has the message this user option. I could and did respond by email, so problem solved.

etruscan
                      Participant

It’s possible they accidentally blocked you, instead of you blocking them. I’ve accidentally blocked people before with no idea how it’s happened but it’s happened at least three times so I imagine there’s a block button somewhere that’s easy to bump!

Yes, you’re right. I just looked. There are two buttons below a message – “Block Author” and “Delete Message”. Not something I ever noticed before, but I’ll try to be aware of it now!

Prezaurian
                        Participant

-shrugs- I haven’t gotten any PMs in ages so I can’t say. I wish you luck on resolving the problem though.

Stormbreeze
                          Participant

Edit: I think it’s okay for me. One of my messages hasn’t received a reply, but the other one has.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.