fbpx

Did everybody move their clocks forward?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Did everybody move their clocks forward?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

I did, and boy, am I regretting it right now! This will be the least productive Monday ever…

:tired:

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Yerg! I hate daylight savings time… :tired:

twindragonsmum

tdm

Lokie
        Participant

I’m on vacation this week, so the only downside for me (as I much prefer the sun being out longer in the evening), is I technically get one less hour of vacation. I was gypped.

dragonshoard
          Participant

Being in Arizona is both good and bad. On the good side,I don’t have to change my clock. On the bad side, that means that in the summer, the sun gets up at 5AM!!!. (can you tell that I hate mornings?) Also that all the non-local channels shift so that I have to adjust my DVR schedule.

Had no clue that time changed….and here is how the day went!!!

Husband had to drive 5 hrs to Edmonton Sunday morning to take an Engineering exam and…….his truck broke down 2 hrs into the trip. I had to get a friend to follow me in my car with her truck to take him a vehicle to drive for the 2 hr trip so I would have a way home myself in a huge snow storm and a foot of snow on the roads with huge ruts all over…

(I drive a toyota Echo…it does not like slippery roads or deep snow or large ruts :sick: ….Did I mention that I have in the past been in an accident on icy roads where my car hit the snow pack on the road shoulder and flew through the air rolling and smashing into the ground on the drivers side three time before imbedding itself in 6 feet of snow where my sister and I were trapped for hours till someone rescued us!! I am terrified of icy road driving)

SORRY I SIDE TRACKED THERE…Back to the story…..on the trip my car was sucked into the slush and muck and pulled in front of an oncoming semi but thankfully I got it back in my lane just before I got HIT, there were cars and trucks in the ditch for about a 100 km stretch of road and a semi’s trailer swerved into traffic in front of my friends truck and he also managed to get it straight before he hit her (someone on our side this day).

My son was home watching the babies and my friends daughter was gonna take over babysitting duties when my son went to work……LATE. HE had no idea that time changed either. Husband got into the city 4 hrs later than he expected and when he got there he realized it was actually 5 hrs later!!!! FREAKING TIME CHANGE!! LOLOL It all worked out in the end but man was that a kick in the butt day.

Glad it is daylight long so that is a positive and everyone is alive and son still has a job so YEAH :bigsmile:

Pegasi1978
            Participant

My Monday has been very nonproductive as well. All I want to do is go home and crawl back in bed. I won’t be able to for a long while; after work I have to hurry to daycare and then home to get home in time to take my oldest to cub scouts, after which we will eat dinner, finish homework, then shower and finally … bed time.

arizona doesnt do daylight saving time??

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

dragonmedley
              Participant

It might not… some areas in Canada don’t, so we found out – we go a good kick at the “63° west longitude”:

Quebec

Most of Quebec observes DST. However, the eastern reaches of Quebec’s North Shore, east of 63° west longitude, are in the Atlantic Time Zone, but do not observe DST.

Saskatchewan

Although the entire province is geographically within the MST (UTC-7) zone, the province is officially part of the Central time zone (UTC-6) and as such is effectively on Daylight Saving Time year round.

Today, I want to move to Saskatchewan…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

DST makes me want to fall to my knees, tear my shirt, and wail in anguish.

… too much?

(I work 5:50am to 2:30pm, so now it’s darker when I go to work, and still bright when I go to sleep, which sucks!!!)

littleironhorse
                Participant

I wish we’d stop doing DST, all it does is make everyone over 20 tired for about a week! The days are getting longer on their own, what’s the hurry?!

Anyway, to answer your question, yes I did remember, but I couldn’t get up to save my life this morning so I was late getting to work. :bigsmile:

@ Brandy: What a horrible way to spend a Sunday! Glad to hear everyone is safe.

I wish we’d stop doing DST, all it does is make everyone over 20 tired for about a week! The days are getting longer on their own, what’s the hurry?!

Anyway, to answer your question, yes I did remember, but I couldn’t get up to save my life this morning so I was late getting to work. :bigsmile:

@ Brandy: What a horrible way to spend a Sunday! Glad to hear everyone is safe.

At least it was not a boring Sunday wondering what to do!! LOLOL Bright side right?? *Snicker*

Tara
                  Participant

Time change meant I had even more troubles than normal getting to bed especially since I slept in yesterday. So I got less than 3 hrs of sleep last night. I get up this morning and I just feel weird. I feel bone tired and yet just about ready to bounce off the walls. I also have the urge to clean(which happens maybe ever 6 months if not a year). I also knew that the weird energy surge would totally be gone after spend 1h on the bus to get to work and I would spend the day nodding off. So I was a bad girl and didn’t go in to work today. It was a surprisingly productive day which I spent cleaning my room(when I wasn’t napping or playing solitaire). For the first time in probably 5 yrs I can see my entire floor (Yay! I finally finished step 1 of operation clean room: Find the Floor). Other horizontal surfaces still need some work though.

Branzyboo: Does your car have all season tires or winter tires? If you don’t have winter tires I would recommend getting some(at least for next winter). They make a huge difference. My mom used to have troubles getting down the back alley in a couple inches of snow, since switching it has to be pretty bad for her to have troubles in the snow.

Kim
                    Blocked

Brandy, I totally forget but where do you live again that is was so snowy? Here in Calgary it’s been gorgeous and sunny for the past few days although when I was moving into my new place just over a week ago, it snowed the day we had to move all our stuff from the U-Haul into our new place and I had to shovel like two feet of snow off the roads, sidewalk and stairs up to our house before we started the task of unloading the U-Haul all day, which I mostly did myself because my mom can’t lift much. My car and the U-Haul got stuck in the snow before we even made it to our new place as the roads were awful and after shoveling all around them in the street, I gave up on the car and left it parked but actually got the U-Haul unstuck by pushing it out as my mom drove and this is when it was full. I never thought little me could actually get a big truck like that to move. It was crazy! We got it all done though and took the truck back and the last few days I have been buried in my house trying to unpack boxes and organize furniture and everything. All my Windstones are still in their boxes. As for the time change, I realized it had changed as I was up late cleaning and didn’t get much sleep that night after that. I love the time change in the fall but hate it in the spring or should I say winter here. Haha.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Time change meant I had even more troubles than normal getting to bed especially since I slept in yesterday. So I got less than 3 hrs of sleep last night. I get up this morning and I just feel weird. I feel bone tired and yet just about ready to bounce off the walls. I also have the urge to clean(which happens maybe ever 6 months if not a year). I also knew that the weird energy surge would totally be gone after spend 1h on the bus to get to work and I would spend the day nodding off. So I was a bad girl and didn’t go in to work today. It was a surprisingly productive day which I spent cleaning my room(when I wasn’t napping or playing solitaire). For the first time in probably 5 yrs I can see my entire floor (Yay! I finally finished step 1 of operation clean room: Find the Floor). Other horizontal surfaces still need some work though.

Branzyboo: Does your car have all season tires or winter tires? If you don’t have winter tires I would recommend getting some(at least for next winter). They make a huge difference. My mom used to have troubles getting down the back alley in a couple inches of snow, since switching it has to be pretty bad for her to have troubles in the snow.

Ya I have studded winter tires and for the most part they help a huge amount but when there is heavy ice, slush and deep snow my car gets caught in the ruts made by bigger vehicles or the piled up snow in the center of the lane!! 🙁 It is an awesome car and I love it but sometimes it can be difficult in the winter months. I can go from my home here in Peace River to Swan RIver Manitoba on a tank and a half of gas though so…. 🙂

Brandy, I totally forget but where do you live again that is was so snowy? Here in Calgary it’s been gorgeous and sunny for the past few days although when I was moving into my new place just over a week ago, it snowed the day we had to move all our stuff from the U-Haul into our new place and I had to shovel like two feet of snow off the roads, sidewalk and stairs up to our house before we started the task of unloading the U-Haul all day, which I mostly did myself because my mom can’t lift much. My car and the U-Haul got stuck in the snow before we even made it to our new place as the roads were awful and after shoveling all around them in the street, I gave up on the car and left it parked but actually got the U-Haul unstuck by pushing it out as my mom drove and this is when it was full. I never thought little me could actually get a big truck like that to move. It was crazy! We got it all done though and took the truck back and the last few days I have been buried in my house trying to unpack boxes and organize furniture and everything. All my Windstones are still in their boxes. As for the time change, I realized it had changed as I was up late cleaning and didn’t get much sleep that night after that. I love the time change in the fall but hate it in the spring or should I say winter here. Haha.

Yikes….moving on the best of days is terrible but in the snow…YUCK!! 🙁 I live in Peace River. The road we had to travel is about 100km of open brutal winds and gusting snow etc. REALLY TERRIBLE ROAD MAINTENANCE!!! The La Prairie Group up here that does the roads seem to be on permanent vacation!!

We are scheduled for a snow storm tonight and over the next few days with 25cm of snow called for!! Outta the North too and the winds are gusting already today.

I can’t wait for SPRING!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.