fbpx

Deformed ACEO

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Deformed ACEO

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

Thanks!

Aw, that helps out a lot. I really like the crow one the most.

SPark wrote:

X-acto is a brand name. So not all box cutters are x-actos.

And be careful using them! My boyfriend cut off the very tip of his finger with one once, sliding it along a ruler.

Oh I know that, we’ve just always called them X-actos. Like calling a tissue a Kleenex, ya know? πŸ™‚

Yeah they are sharp LOL I took off a piece of my fingernail once, whoops :X

sunhawk wrote:

don’t feel bad, you should see me cut prints sometime; not only do i mismeasure, i can’t cut a straight line even with a ruler and an exacto knife!

Hmm…sounds like you could use a mat cutter… πŸ™‚

mimitrek wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

don’t feel bad, you should see me cut prints sometime; not only do i mismeasure, i can’t cut a straight line even with a ruler and an exacto knife!

Hmm…sounds like you could use a mat cutter… πŸ™‚

I HAVE ONE :X (there is no helping me LOL)

Yes…you’re a hopeless case… πŸ˜›

Patricia
      Participant

sunhawk wrote:

SPark wrote:

And be careful using them! My boyfriend cut off the very tip of his finger with one once, sliding it along a ruler.

Oh I know that, we’ve just always called them X-actos. Like calling a tissue a Kleenex, ya know? πŸ™‚

Yes, but brands hate it when their names become commonplace as they can lose some of the basic copyright I believe.
        Example: Rollerblades were initially a brand name. The general name was origianlly inline skates. Does anyone ever call it that anymore? Thus they lost some of the copyright protection to the name. Something to do with common usage. (Amazing what I remember from Marketing class in College, huh?)

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

You guys are nice! Thank you for your kind words, and interest in the auctions. :>

I finished another one, and confound it all, I stopped paying attention again and cut it hald an inch too small! Somehow 3 inches got wired into my brain and I get hung up on making sure it’s a straight even cut. Some might wonder why I don’t cut them to size before hand, but I have an odd habit of not hitting the edges of the paper I am working on, so I work larger to have everything flush to the edge.
        Anyway! A Jackdaw, holding a real jem in his mouth. This scan is horrendous! Where’s all those subtle purples and blue!

“Organic II”

The first in the series is a Raven, and I gave it to a dear friend because somehow the piece took on special meaning to me. (This may be more than you care to know!)

Ravens are so amazingly cool and wonderful and beautiful and I sure didn’t draw this one well. He holds a green glass orb swirling with its own life and symbolism. Ravens like shiny things so away he goes. Is he stealing the life as the hard cold technology rises around him? Will he transplant the life somewhere else? Is he punishing us humans and taking off and leaving us devoid of the only company we have on this planet: the other animals we share our world with? Or did the artist just want to draw something shiny? Your choice, you write the story in your own mind, keep it, share it, whatever you like. That’s what art is for, making people who view it think and wonder and imagine. That IS inspiration and the most important thing in art for me.

There will be more in this series, sadly I lost the Cape Crow that I was working on, which you can sorta barely see:

Lost the winged fox too…and a gryphon…where’d they go?

Maria
        Participant

Those are lovely, vantid. Bummer you lost the other pieces – would have liked to see them. Were they finished or just sketches?

I love crows/ravens ever since I saw The Crow.

Keplilly wrote:

sunhawk wrote:

SPark wrote:

Yes, but brands hate it when their names become commonplace as they can lose some of the basic copyright I believe.
          Example: Rollerblades were initially a brand name. The general name was origianlly inline skates. Does anyone ever call it that anymore? Thus they lost some of the copyright protection to the name. Something to do with common usage. (Amazing what I remember from Marketing class in College, huh?)

LOL that’s not my fault, we called them X-actos in elementary school! T’was the teacher’s fault! πŸ˜‰

I really like the jackdaw Vantid!

Awww about the miscutting again, though! My dad always says “Measure twice, cut once” LOL

A lion that I didn’t miscut.

Ohhhh, sooo Pretty. πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.