fbpx

Deceptive eBay auction?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Deceptive eBay auction?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Leigha
    Participant

Someone look at this auction for me, and tell me if the second picture is actually two cropped pictures chopped together….

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Editions-Old-Green-Male-Dragon-86-discontinued-color-/251087856091?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7600a1db

it’s weird….why do that?

KaytanaPhoenix
      Participant

I don’t know why they have it setup like that but I’d definitely avoid it…

Chloe
        Participant

I really don’t know. All it does is cast such a strong suspicion for me that I would not purchase the item. They should have changed the picture, it does look pieced together. Perhaps they have two damaged males, one in front and the other in back? LOL…..

Look at this one….has a Dragonsite box in the back and the listing states the artist as Nene Thomas (which they misspelled). Otherwise it looks like a Windstone (I don’t know unicorns). They do mention “original box”….but that’s not it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Baby-Unicorn-by-Melody-Pena-/200778501452?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebf54cd4c

Wow at the green male… They didn’t even try to photoshop the two pics to look alike. Oh well, makes it easier for potential buyers to spot and stay away.

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

I really don’t know. All it does is cast such a strong suspicion for me that I would not purchase the item. They should have changed the picture, it does look pieced together. Perhaps they have two damaged males, one in front and the other in back? LOL…..

Look at this one….has a Dragonsite box in the back and the listing states the artist as Nene Thomas (which they misspelled). Otherwise it looks like a Windstone (I don’t know unicorns). They do mention “original box”….but that’s not it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windstone-Baby-Unicorn-by-Melody-Pena-/200778501452?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebf54cd4c

Nene Thomas artist.. with a.. Pena tag? wth? lol. Definitely a windstone, but someone is seriously mixed up on what they have!

siberakh1
            Participant

The photos appear to be from the same dragon, just taken in two different camera settings (see the different tones of the floor?), but then spliced together (slightly off from each other I might add). I don’t know why they would do that, but it does look to be the same dragon. If someone was interested, probably best to ask the seller anyways.

Heather
              Participant

I’m wondering if it is some sort of camera glitch, like 2 photos saved as one file or something, because why else would they crop 2 photos together, and they are not aligned that well either. You can see the right side of the dragon in another photo, although not very well, and it seems that it is the same dragon. Otherwise that would be very devious of someone to crop 2 different dragon photos together to hide some sort of blemish.

Chloe
                Participant

Otherwise that would be very devious of someone to crop 2 different dragon photos together to hide some sort of blemish.

I have dealt with several devious people on eBay, unfortunately. I have noticed the most common fraud is for a seller to insure their item for WAY more than you paid, then when it arrives “broken by mail” they collect the difference. It’s a real hassle. I’ve had this happen twice on purchased eBay items.

Christine
                  Participant

Ooh, that’s good to know, I haven’t had anyone do that to me yet (knocks on wood) so I was blissfully ignorant about that kind of fraud.

Actually, I’ve had that happen to pictures I take from my digital camera from time to time when I save the file to PC or try to upload to photobucket; it’s a glitch when the file gets uploaded and some of the pixels get ‘skipped over’ in translation. It doesn’t happen often, but it’s a hiccup that isn’t unusual, either. Could be the guy had glitchy equipment.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.