fbpx

Dear Santa: On elves…

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dear Santa: On elves…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Santa, I’m wondering,

When we see your workshop with the elves working away, we see them making all sorts of quaint toys like wooden trains, dolls, and wind-up robots. Yet I never hear of a single kid wanting any of these toys! What happens to these? Do they go into a window display for department stores?

When not on camera, are your elves putting together iPods, making Wiis and constructing Guitar Hero guitars? Where’s the toy lightsabers? The action figures with kung-fu grip?

Just hoping to solve a longtime mystery for me,
    ~Julian Wilbury (rockerbot)

Lokie
    Participant

Maybe they outsource the Wiis and iPods? 😕

Santa lives in China too?!?! 😮

dragonmedley
      Participant

Lokie wrote:

Maybe they outsource the Wiis and iPods? 😕

XD XD XD

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Those are vintage films that you’re seeing. Back in the day when kids wanted stuff like that. Yes, they did used to like the simple toys that took imagination to drive! Those were the days!

These days I can’t let many cameras into the workshop floors, because of a problem I had back in 1995 where they tried to get me shut down for child labor laws. Ho ho! Elves are short and cute, but they’re not children. Some of my best workers are over 150 years old!

Back in the day when toys were handmade we did a lot of manufacture in the workshop. These days we have to outsource a lot… even Santa can’t ignore copyright, trademark and patent laws. It’s made things much more tricky but we still get by, ho ho ho!!

Patricia
        Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Santa lives in China too?!?! 😮

XD This is great.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

BipolarBear
          Participant

Have you thought of making your own brands?

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
            Engaged to a Weasel

Melody
            Keymaster

rockerbot wrote:

Santa, I’m wondering,

When we see your workshop with the elves working away, we see them making all sorts of quaint toys like wooden trains, dolls, and wind-up robots. Yet I never hear of a single kid wanting any of these toys! What happens to these? Do they go into a window display for department stores?

When not on camera, are your elves putting together iPods, making Wiis and constructing Guitar Hero guitars? Where’s the toy lightsabers? The action figures with kung-fu grip?

Just hoping to solve a longtime mystery for me,
              ~Julian Wilbury (rockerbot) I know you would LOVE a wind up robot!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.