Dear Santa: On cookie theft and copycat gifting

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dear Santa: On cookie theft and copycat gifting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

Melissa
      Participant

Dear Santa, I have two questions.

Once when I was little, on Christmas Eve, I snuck downstairs, and there were my parents, eating your cookies! 😮 I was shocked but since then I’ve heard of several more cases. How does this impact you? Do repeat offenders land on the naughty list?

Also, what is your policy on people writing ‘From Santa’ on their gift tags? I stumbled on something nice for my sister aside from her ‘official’ gift from me. I’d like to credit you for it, but am unsure of the etiquette. She’s a long term resident of the naughty list, if that clarifies or complicates matters.

Would love to hear your thoughts on these pressing concerns.

Indeed, indeed! These are fine questions.

As Santa, I realize and respect the hard work parents do, and I know I am but one person and while I do love some cookies and milk (and don’t forget a carrot or two for the reindeer if you have ’em)… I am but one jolly person and I cannot hope to eat all of the millions of cookies left for me. So, as part of my gift to parents that help me out so much at Christmas by making things festive for their little ones, I allow them to secretly binge on some of those extra cookies that I can’t eat. Many parents don’t like to stuff their faces full of cookies in front of their children so this is a special treat to scarf cookies like there’s no tomorrow.

As for others writing “From Santa”– I don’t mind at all! So many have assumed my identity over the years that when it comes to important things (like when I had to take a second mortgage out on the North Pole to fund Mrs. Clasus’ new Jacuzzi) all the banks have me fingerprinted so we use that instead of a credit score.
        Ho Ho ho!

Plus, I am much of a symbol as I am a person. The fact that others give in my name is a sign that giving transends the selfishness of being associated with being the giver of the gift. What a beautiful thing!

Melissa
        Participant

Aw, thank you Santa. That’s quite a relief on both counts.

The forecast around here is cloudy with showers, and 10 to 20 mph winds tonight. So fly safely and look out for our darn satellite dish. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.